Problems starting the debian system after performing system update

ayrton_satar

Reaction score
Credits
Hello! I'm not very experienced in Linux but I used mint and recently I migrated to debian 11. I have the following problem: after performing the system update I noticed a difference in the system letters as if I was not recognizing special characters at first I found it strange so I restarted the debian OS of the machine and it surprises me with the following error message "Something went wrong. A problem has occurred and the system cannot recover. Contact a system administrator." the error has no code that allows further investigation , when starting the system I believe that when several components are being loaded into memory (correct me if I'm wrong) "gnome display manager" appears and soon after comes the error and the system does not advance. Does anyone have an idea? I would like to have your help because I don't see a way to solve it. Thanks

Sounds like a broken package, try re-booting when grub screen comes up click on advanced features [or similar] this should give you a list of options, click on and let repair broken packages run, see if that helps

Sounds like a broken package, try re-booting when grub screen comes up click on advanced features [or similar] this should give you a list of options, click on and let repair broken packages run, see if that helps
When grub screen comes up didn't appear nothing just some information but no option to choose. The initialization is fast. I try boot with debian installation to go to rescue mode but did work at work seems that the commands do not work there

If you use the Shift key during boot, as soon as you see the POST start spamming the shift key, it should get you to a static GRUB screen where you can do things like select advanced options or the likes.

Thanks for your help. I solve the problem doing these steps:
1º I hold the buttons Ctrl+Alt+F3 at booting
2º I did the login as root and the terminal opens
3º At last I follow the steps taught at this website:

Thank you

Members online