Problem with Digimate T909S

Brian Buck

Reaction score
Credits
I have a Digimate T909S tablet which has been running extremely slowly, so I have attempted to reset it back to factory condition. Now, when switching it on, all I can get is the Digimate logo which continuously circles, and nothing else. I have tried leaving the machine switched on for a couple of hours but it still will not move on from the digimate logo. Can anyone suggest a way of resolving this and getting the tablet up and running again?

Would be very grateful for any advice or suggestions.

Hi Brian and welcome to linux.org :)

Is there actually a Linux Distribution on your tablet? If so, can you tell us which one?

Or is it that you have learned of a connection between the Android software running on it, and Linux?

I am wondering what led you to us seeking answers.

I will not likely be the one to answer your questions, as I have next to no experience with Tablets, yet, but the more you can let us know, the better we may be able to assist. Other than that, perhaps you may find faster answers with Digimate (aka DGM) itself, there is a support page here, you would need to register and login.

http://www.digimate.com/en/supportList.asp?category=4

Good luck! :p

Wizard

Many thanks for the information. The tablet I have uses the Android system - I was not aware that a Linux system was available to use on it until I logged into this programme. I will contact the Digimate site that you suggest.

Your help is much appreciated.

Hi Brian, and welcome! We are generally a Linux support forum for PC's and servers, and Android is a little out of our realm, even though Android is based on Linux. There are many Android sites that may can help you better.

But I will offer a few comments as I have a little experience (very little!) with tablets and phones. What you describe is called a "boot loop". The tablet is stuck at boot up, and when it fails to boot it just tries again, over and over. You say you have left the tablet off for a period of hours... but if you can, I would suggest removing the battery and leaving it out for 2 or 3 hours. It probably doesn't need to be that long really, but removing the battery may help so that all the capacitors lose power and drain down their voltage. While the batter is out, you can try hitting the Power button a few times.... it won't turn on, of course, but hitting the button can help to discharge the capacitors more quickly if you don't want to wait for hours for a slow discharge. It still may not help though... it's just the easiest thing to do first.

If it is still stuck at boot, then next thing is to try to do the factory reset steps again. You probably did this with the system running before (choosing reset from the tablet's settings), and you obviously can't do that again... but there is a special way to turn on the tablet that can get you into a low-level menu that will allow a reset. These steps are described (with pictures)... check it out below. Be sure to begin with the tablet powered OFF.

http://www.hardreset.info/devices/dgm/dgm-t-909/hardreset/second-method/

There is a final way that is far too complicated for me to describe fully, but it requires finding a factory "image" of your tablet and "flashing" it to your tablet with special tools (Android SDK). I have not found a factory image that you can download, so this may not be an option anyway. The process is kind of like re-formatting a hard drive and re-installing an operating system... and it often causes boot loops when doing this too. If you think you will have to try this, definitely look around on Android forums for some more knowledgeable folks who may can help.

Good luck!

Thank you very much for the suggestion. I am a bit of a computer greenhorn, but will have a go at trying this and will let you know how successful I am!

I am though, most grateful for your help.

Many thanks for the suggested remedy but unfortunately this hasn't worked. I have been unable to open the tablet to remove the battery as you suggested, but I tried leaving it on until the battery power was completely exhausted, and then re-charging it, but I still can't make any progress.

I have been thinking that perhaps it might be possible to attach an external dvd tray to the tablet and then install one of the Linux systems from it (I have a dvd containing several Linux options.) Could you advise whether this is possible and if it is, what kind of lead I would need to connect the two units?

Very many thanks for your help.

Hi Brian. Did you try the reset again that was described in the link? That is your last best chance. You likely cannot install Linux on the tablet... it is way difficult even on tablets that are capable, but most are not capable.

Members online

Latest posts