Problem with boot Mint 19.3

apologies after checking M 20 is now supported till 2925 M19.3 Till 2923 but at least you still have time to sort yourself out

Okay.
I did the "sudo apt reinstall linux-image-5.4.0-72-generic" and it said it reinstalled.

At the end it had this:
W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/rtl_nic/rtl8125a-3.fw for module r8169
W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/rtl_nic/rtl8168fp-3.fw for module r8169
W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/i915/tgl_dmc_ver2_04.bin for module i915
W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/i915/skl_guc_33.0.0.bin for module i915
W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/i915/bxt_guc_33.0.0.bin for module i915
W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/i915/kbl_guc_33.0.0.bin for module i915
W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/i915/glk_guc_33.0.0.bin for module i915
W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/i915/kbl_guc_33.0.0.bin for module i915
W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/i915/icl_guc_33.0.0.bin for module i915

I'm not sure if that is anything causing this issue. I don't know what it means.

I went ahead and shut the computer down after all that. When I turned it back on it showed the Dell logo, went to a black screen temporarily, then froze on the Dell logo. So same issue there. I then had to power down again by holding the power button for a few seconds. Turned it back on and it went to the menu screen where I could get in on the 5.4.-0-32 generic.
Those are the the drivers for your firmware and graphics card they should already be installed, try installing the following.
Code:
sudo apt install linux-firmware linux-modules-extra
I suspect that both of them are probably already installed?

apologies after checking M 20 is now supported till 2925 M19.3 Till 2923 but at least you still have time to sort yourself out

Hey Bwiz, you wanna borrow my reading specs, mate? :) Linux is great, but 900 years support? Might work for us wizards but for mere mortals, no.

@jerstrums welcome to linux.org :) Glad you got the problem solved.

Now is a good time to start becoming acquainted with Timeshift, it is installed on your Linux Mint already.

Following is a snippet I provide to new Mint Users in particular, and to people about Timeshift in general.

Tony George is Timeshift's author, and his pages are more for users not using Linux Mint, Linux Lite or some other Distros on which Timeshift comes installed.

Cheers

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

Hey Bwiz, you wanna borrow my reading specs, mate
my windows are fine, just the size of my bloody fingers on a zg5 keyboard [thats why I dont have either a tablet or smartphone]

I wasn't planning to, but I ended up upgrading to 20.1. It is working great so far. No issues to report.

See? I told you it was pretty painless and straightforward. You'll be an old pro at it in no time.

Did you enable the Firewall?

if not, open the Terminal ... ctrl +alt +T (just press them all at the one time )

then copy and paste this in

sudo ufw enable

type in your password and hit enter

That is all you need to do....The firewall will now be turned ON each and every time you startup or reboot

If you wish to check that it is on...copy and paste this

sudo ufw status

Yes. I have learned quite a bit already. Definitely enough to get me where I wanted to go with this so far.

Firewall is indeed enabled. Checked that.

Thanks.

Want to learn a whole lot, and to do so quickly?

Go through those pages every day. Read the questions and answers. Feel free to sign up and get points when you get good enough to start answering questions.

But, visit those sites daily and go through the questions that pique your interest. As you learn, it will look less like gibberish and actually start making sense.

You can also go through the standards and start to understand why things are the way they are. Links like this: