Problem with 64bit Debain

Pijuten

Reaction score
Credits
Hello guys,
So I have a thinkpad T 430 and I cant install any Debain distribution which runs on 64bit even though my Laptop runs on 64bits. When I boot in the Installation menu an I select an installation it gets frozen in a Black screen.
I have already tried every different version of Kali and Parrot and only the 32bit options Do work fine. I also tried every possible combination of Boot modes and I really dont have a clue what the problem is.
I would be really thankfull for any thoughts

What kind of install are you trying to do.

I always do the net install as it gives you what you need at the time of install.

What kind of install are you trying to do.

I always do the net install as it gives you what you need at the time of install.

I tried the Normal Installation, net Installation and live nothing worked

I used an usb and burned it with rufus and etcher on Windows and with the command
dd if=kali-linux-2020.1b-live-amd64.iso of=/dev/sdb bs=4M status=progress
All the same

dd if=kali-linux-2020.1b-live-amd64.iso of=/dev/sdb bs=4M status

The title of this thread is "Problem with 64bit Debain"

Are you using either Debian or Kali Linux?

you have or had Windows 7 on it ? are you sure its 64 bit. From a live usb that works what does
$ uname -m

output, just to be sure .your CPU is Intel but i believe that amd 64 bit iso is Ok on 64 bit intel unless some sort of backward incompability

you have or had Windows 7 on it ? are you sure its 64 bit. From a live usb that works what does
$ uname -m

output, just to be sure .your CPU is Intel but i believe that amd 64 bit iso is Ok on 64 bit intel unless some sort of backward incompability
I had Windows 10 on it with 64bit. And I am running on an Intel i5

@OP:
Tell us about hardware specs. I got the below from here
    • System automatically clocks down for processors with 1333MHz DDR3 memory controller
  • 2 GB, 4GB, or 8GB memory
  • Supports up to 16GB maximum memory
It's like asking a mechanic what's wrong with my car, and not allowing him to pop the hood!

Members online