Problem installing Linux Mint on HP Laptop, MOBO May Be Problem Too

Nerdxtechie

Reaction score
Credits
Graduated N.J.S.D ( New Jersey for the Deaf ) 1982 - 1999. I do like technology things build with the computer. I have TBI Brain injury either. I have been using a window since after Apple. Then I would like to learn how to do the Linux cause I have tried it then I am in for the Linux. I would like to learn many different ways of the most Linux.

There is a saying that a long journey starts with a few steps.a lot of people say that slackware is not for noobs. But if you don't mind a challenge and learning is more of a priority than convenience then I say with help you could make slackware work for you.proably the trick is to go about things with a keep it minimal keep it simple approach

Hp laptop doesn't support install Linux Mint. test with Virtualbox then notice not support & not successful. I search for the Linux box then. I don't wanna boot nor install with my hp laptop cause too brainwave for me do with it.

Attachments

• F57C6731-BA38-4E1D-9D73-6C7A74DF37B2.jpeg
    F57C6731-BA38-4E1D-9D73-6C7A74DF37B2.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 521
i'm running slackware current 64 bit on a HP stream laptop- maybe Mint isn't as good as made out ?

my HP: *-cpu
description: CPU
product: AMD A4-9125 RADEON R3, 4 COMPUTE CORES 2C+2G
vendor: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD]
physical id: 21
bus info: cpu@0
version: AMD A4-9125 RADEON R3, 4 COMPUTE CORES 2C+2G
slot: P0
size: 2548MHz
width: 64 bits
clock: 100MHz

description: Notebook
product: HP Laptop 14-cm0xxx (6ZJ47EA#ABU)
vendor: HP

Mine had Windows 10 on it. few things i had to do before getting anywhere :first I had to set up admin user for windows , then disable secure boot otherwise wouldn't be able to install anything .then i messed up and removed 100MB EFI partition so i had to re-create it .Then i set usb to boot first , so it booted from iso on stick

Talk with Hp - they say your motherboard has an issue with an administrator password problem if you don't remember, lose your info for your administrator password then your main motherboard have to replace a new one cost you around 200 - more.
They say your bios look good the only problem was your administrator password need replace the new mainboard for your laptop.

G'day @Nerdxtechie and welcome to linux.org :)

I am moving your Thread to "Getting Started" because it has become a Support Question.

All parties are notified.

I am also renaming it to get you better attention.

Good luck

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

Staff online

Members online