Problem installing Epson XP-322 printer driver on Ubuntu 14.04LTS

R

Rene Thomas

Hello again, good guru-folk :)

I am having difficulties installing a printer driver for my new Epson xp-322 printer/scanner on a laptop running Ubuntu 14.04 LTS.

I didn't expect this, as I assumed it is a popular model of printer.

It is a wifi printer, and comes with an installation disk, but this only seems to work on my partner's Windows system. I couldn't get Archive Manager to open the .EXE files on it.

The Printer menu in the Settings interface on the desktop finds the printer and starts installing the driver, but the installation freezes part-way through and I have to do a "Force Quit" to end the program.

I looked up the topic on the 'net and found a forum board where someone was having the same problem using xubuntu. The answer provided gave instructions on downloading software from the epson website and then using the Terminal command line to install the downloads. I tried this, but the Terminal came back with an error message each time I tried. Maybe that answer only works for xubuntu and not Ubuntu 14.04.

When I tried to find apps in Ubuntu Software Centre today, it seems to have drivers for a huge number of Epson models, but doesn't bring back any results for the XP-322. I don't know whether I can use drivers for other Epson printers (perhaps for the 302 series).

I am trying to work it out from a huge Linux book I've borrowed from the library, but it is really a bit advanced for me and also out-of-date.

Actually, this thread can be closed already-

I just managed to add the printer and print a test page :D via arochester's suggestion to sophie87 :
"Have you tried the driver listed here?: http://www.openprinting.org/printer/Epson/Epson-XP-600_Series "
on the thread "cannot install printer"

I went to the openprinting site, and then went to the link for Epson/Epson XP-322 and downloaded the 32-bit deb driver from there.

Then back into the printer menu to add printer and this time it did it :D

Members online

Latest posts