Problem Connecting to internet

R

rockinejay

HI..i just created a live bootable linux flashdrive/usb...and i tried to connect to internet ..but it doesnt work..i go to wicd manager and it shows connected to wired network but when i open my browser it says cannot reach server at google.com etc...same error which occurs when i o not connect to internet on windows and try to open a website,i also tried to open it through terminal knowing that its the same as wicd manager but cant succeed ,tried some thngs but nt helpful...somebody got an answer ?

Please check your internet connection settings. Any screenshot?

sorry for being late ..my pc was having problems...I've reinstalled my os...i made another linux bootable drive/usb but same error is occuring ..Ive given a few screenshots here so someone could help me that way more precisely

Attachments

• Screenshot.png
    Screenshot.png
    83.3 KB · Views: 1,352
  • Screenshot-1.png
    Screenshot-1.png
    85.7 KB · Views: 1,378
can you post the output from
Code:
ifconfig
and
Code:
ip link
?
Does your network rely on DHCP or Static IP Addresses? (If you have to enter your ip address on other operating systems, you are using a Static IP).

Try pinging or going to a web site via IP. You could have name resolution issues.

Check the network icon (or wireless connection settings) to see if you have Internet access. ... Check the network cables if your computer is wired to the router. Reset your router. Check your firewall or security software

@samK

You are replying to a question which was asked 7 years ago!

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts