Problem booting into Windows 7.

H

Harisankar

Hi, I'm new to this place and honestly I've no idea if I'm posting this at the right place. Anyway, I'll describe my issue. I have TWO hard disks. I've been using Windows 7 in one (500 GB) and Ubuntu 14.04 LTE in the other (160 GB). I decided to format my both OSes and install both of them again. So I disconnected my hard disk containing the Ubuntu OS and formatted Windows 7 and connected the HDD containing Ubuntu. Then I formatted Ubuntu using A BOOTABLE USB DRIVE created using YUMI-2.0.0.9 using a .ISO of Ubuntu 14.04. Due to power failure and my mistake I had to stop installing it at the first time and at the second time instead of manually using the old partitions that I had already been using for swap and ext3 file systems, I installed it directly on the 160 GB HDD and I had all my partitions and data erased, also I believe that I had installed the boot loader into the 500 GB HDD. After installing it successfully when I tried to boot into my primary HDD that contains Windows 7, I came to see this error (check the image file) and I had to go to my secondary where Ubuntu is installed and had to manually select Windows 7 from its booting options. I tried deleting all the partitions in the Linux HDD from Windows 7 and created new partitions for memory storage and everything else and tried booting again from the primary still the problem persists. What should I do? Also there are 5 BAD SECTORS on the 160 GB HDD (as shown in Linux). Can I get the problem solved without losing any of my data on the 500 GB HDD? I don't have an external HDD so I can't back up my data anywhere else. The HDD is almost full except for the C drive.

Attachments

• 2015-11-04 21.47.34.jpg
    2015-11-04 21.47.34.jpg
    304.6 KB · Views: 701

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts