Printer Installation

I did updates last night with the software updater.... now chromium will not start, what do I do? Also, this Ubuntu 14 does not seem to include flash player, I can't watch videos on some sites as it tells me I need the plug in.......

Forget the Software Updater just now. Open a Terminal and issue these commands one-at-a-time:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

Also, to get the plug in:
sudo apt-get install ubuntu-restricted-extras

Does Chromium start now? Does it start if you input to the Terminal:
chromium-browser

Forget the Software Updater just now. Open a Terminal and issue these commands one-at-a-time:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

chromium-browser

Well, this is dumb, how do I find the Terminal?

I can't find the terminal, I can't just restart, several things are just not right......

well, I finally managed to restart and it was strange (for me lol) it said there were issues to fix and I typed the F to try to fix and I think it did.....Chromium starts and found terminal and locked it to the launcher

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

chromium-browser

Ok, did the sudo apt-get install and there is an error...
says: An error occured please run package manager from the right click menu or apt get in a terminal to see what's wrong.... Error: BrokenCount>0

Screenshot from 2015-04-12 10:31:55.png

Can't seem to click ok or anything

Starting a Terminal

In Unity
Unity is the default desktop environment used as of 11.04. Where systems are not ready for Unity they revert to GNOME which is also used in previous releases such as Ubuntu 10.04 LTS (Lucid), see next sub-section.

The easiest way to open the Terminal is to use the 'search' function on the dash. Or you can click on the 'More Apps' button, click on the 'See more results' by the installed section, and find it in that list of applications. A third way, available after you click on the 'More Apps' button, is to go to the search bar, and see that the far right end of it says 'All Applications'. You then click on that, and you'll see the full list. Then you can go to Accessories -> Terminal after that. So, the methods in Unity are:

Dash -> Search for Terminal

Dash -> More Apps -> 'See More Results' -> Terminal

Dash -> More Apps -> Accessories -> Terminal

Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl + Alt + T
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UsingTheTerminal

Look at http://nerdsngeeks.net/fix-error-broken-count-0-ubuntu/

Screenshot from 2015-04-12 10:31:55.png

This message is still on my terminal and when I open a new terminal to try to remove the package as told in first step from link to fixing errors I get this in the second terminal:

Screenshot from 2015-04-12 15:29:28.png

View attachment 2076

This message is still on my terminal and when I open a new terminal to try to remove the package as told in first step from link to fixing errors I get this in the second terminal:

View attachment 2077

When I try to close the first terminal it tells me there are still processes running which it will kill if closed, do I close it anyway? I can't get past the pkg configuration licensing stuff.....

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

chromium-browser

I tried to do the update and upgrade but got this when I tried upgrade:
Screenshot from 2015-04-14 11:36:29.png

Having done "sudo dpkg --configure -a" can you update now, or do you just end up with the same break?

If that screen is not accepting mouse input, try the TAB key to see if the <Ok> becomes highlighted. If it does, then just hit ENTER.

No, that doesn't work either, and of course processes are still running so I have to just kill them by closing the terminal..........so no updates finish and I can't get flash player at all by itself as it also comes to this screen and I can't move forward

Having done "sudo dpkg --configure -a" can you update now, or do you just end up with the same break?

sudo apt-get update seems to go ok but sudo apt-get upgrade doesn't......when it asks to continue and I type the Y it ends up with the above screen that I can't click ok on.....have tried tab, enter, and several other options

With the MScorefonts TTF installer, you need to press the tab key to highlight OK and then press enter to select it. Occasionally you do get the odd command-line installer like this that uses the curses interface. Clicking on OK with the mouse does not do anything. Like I said, use the tab key to highlight OK then press enter to select it and continue with the installer usually works.

Edit: Sorry, just re-read your last post about tab not working... Strange!
Pressing tab should highlight the OK section.....
Just done some DuckDuckGo-fu and found this, if it is any help:
http://www.tuxgarage.com/2011/11/ttf-mscorefonts-installer-ubuntu.html

Last edited:
With the MScorefonts TTF installer, you need to press the tab key to highlight OK and then press enter to select it. Occasionally you do get the odd command-line installer like this that uses the curses interface. Clicking on OK with the mouse does not do anything. Like I said, use the tab key to highlight OK then press enter to select it and continue with the installer usually works.

Edit: Sorry, just re-read your last post about tab not working... Strange!
Pressing tab should highlight the OK section.....
Just done some DuckDuckGo-fu and found this, if it is any help:
http://www.tuxgarage.com/2011/11/ttf-mscorefonts-installer-ubuntu.html

I will try.....thanks

Same here i have a HP Deskjet D4160.But cnat seem to find the "right driver" to install.I have Linux 17.1 Rebecca on my backup computer.Which is HP Pavilion a6010n PC.That computer did come with windows vista home premium installed.But i got rid of windows on that computer.

Staff online