Printer Canon Fax L350

Questionmark

Reaction score
Credits
Hi there,
does have anyone experience with Linux(unspecific) and the Canon Fax L350(its an old fella) in regards of functionality, driver....
At least is there some hope get it running?
Don t own it yet but i know there is a CD which includes Windows Driver

Thx sincerely

I could not find a driver for it - most of the driver sites I checked say - Unfortunately your device is no longer supported

Thx ver much Lord.
not being to resilient due to the fakt theres no active support anymore.

But why isn t CUPS working. The printer is recognized and listed. I am able to add the printer. But chosing the Model or a ppl doesn t get it going. I 'm not able to print a testpage. So i consider the reason for this is the lag of support. Assuming going back to a older version of either cups or Distro would change the outcome at all!?
Is there any hope running NDiswrapper to make a executable Linux driver using available Win 2000 driver?

Thx in advance

You may need to install the Canon Cups driver tools from the Synaptic Package Manager look for
cnrdrvcups-lipslx and cnrdrvcups-ufr2-us
or you can run the below commands from your terminal - Ubuntu based OS
Code:
sudo apt install cnrdrvcups-lipslx
Code:
sudo apt install cnrdrvcups-ufr2-us
If that does not work you can try to add the Foomatic DB
First, run the following command-line on your terminal to install the Foomatic DB if you can’t find it on your device.
Code:
sudo apt-get install cups cups-client "foomatic-db*"
If you find any issues while installing the Foomatic database, you can run the following alternative command given below.
Code:
sudo apt-get install -y foomatic-db
Then you might need to allow your user account to use the Foomatic database. You can add a new user or allow your existing user to use the Linux lpadmin tool.
# adduser YOUR_NORMAL_ACCOUNT lpadmin
There you go, you can try printing a new page to test if your Canon printer is functioning
Now I am out of ideas to get it working

Last edited by a moderator:
the biggest problem will be getting the fax/scanner working Cannon products of this age usually use TWAIN drivers for scanning [windows/dos interface] you may get it working using SAIN or UMAX drivers in linux

There is a file ippusbxd that is known to cause issues with Canon Printers - try removing it

Code:
sudo apt remove ippusbxd

after removal reboot and see if printer works

Staff online

Members online