Purchase Linux CDs / DVDs / Flash Drives at OSDisc.com

Welcome to Our Community

While Linux.org has been around for a while, we recently changed management and had to purge most of the content (including users). If you signed up before April 23rd, 2017 please sign up again. Thanks!

printer but not scanner connects to HP Desk-jet 3632

Discussion in 'Linux Hardware' started by jedson303, Oct 9, 2015.

1. jedson303

jedson303 Guest

I use IUbuntu 14.04. Bought a HP Desk-jet 3630. I can connect the computer with the printer, and it works. But xsane (and simple scan) does not find the scanner. Is there a way to get it to connect, or is it just incompatible?
    jedson303

2. jedson303

jedson303 Guest

I sort of stumbled onto the answer. It was a matter of downloading and installing this file:
    HPLIP-3.15.9

I found the file and the directions here at source sourceforge but they won't let me type in the address here.

As near as I can tell the HPLIP file I had was not up to date. (I am no tech expert.) Anyhow it works, and I am putting this here in case other people have the same problem.
    jedson303

wizardfromoz likes this.
  3. pramod

pramod Guest

thanks for HP DeskJet 3632 diver i am having ubuntu 16.10 does this HPLIP work on 16.10 or i have to downgrade my os ?

4. atanere

atanere Guest

You probably already have HPLIP installed in Ubuntu. You can check by entering this in a terminal:

Code:
    dpkg -l hplip

5. pramod

pramod Guest

thanks for the code i have installed HP Printer Driver now it works fine
    thank you

#5 pramod, Mar 4, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
    1 person likes this.
  6. linuxer

linuxer New Member

wizardfromoz likes this.
  7. wizardfromoz

wizardfromoz Well-Known Member

Hi @linuxer and welcome to linux.org :)

I hope you noticed this thread was over 2 years old (I didn't :oops:)

But getting new information that will help others with the same printer-scanner can be useful to a number, so thanks for sharing. :D

As I understand it, there are a large number of people out there in "Linux Land" devoting a lot of time to helping new and old Linux users get their (still working) equipment running with drivers, and I for one am thankful.

Enjoy your Linux, and the site ;)

Chris Turner
    wizardfromoz

atanere likes this.