practice tests/exams

stewieG

Reaction score
Credits
Where is a good place to take practice Linux tests/exams? I just want to test my memorization and how much i know

There are places that you can go to take a test but you have to pay for those RH test's.

Have a look at these Linux books. There are test's in the back of those books.

The tests you're going to find online will be practice tests for specific certifications. Unless you're applying for those certs, I doubt they'll be of all that much interest. If you're studying for those certifications, they'll provide you with practice exams at the same place you get your study material.

If I want to be sure I know/remember something, I find that explaining it to a layperson is a good standard. If I can explain it to someone that has little knowledge in the field, I understand it pretty well.

Answer questions, write a blog, or write a book - even if it's just for your own practice.

I bet those three things do far more for you than taking practice tests for certifications you're never going to use.

You don't learn by memorizing answers and taking exams, you learn my hands on experience.

The tests you're going to find online will be practice tests for specific certifications. Unless you're applying for those certs, I doubt they'll be of all that much interest. If you're studying for those certifications, they'll provide you with practice exams at the same place you get your study material.

If I want to be sure I know/remember something, I find that explaining it to a layperson is a good standard. If I can explain it to someone that has little knowledge in the field, I understand it pretty well.

Answer questions, write a blog, or write a book - even if it's just for your own practice.

I bet those three things do far more for you than taking practice tests for certifications you're never going to use.
Thanks man . And if you’re free I got an issue I need help with. Best regards

And if you’re free I got an issue I need help with.

If it's an issue with something other than this topic, it's probably best to start a new topic.

Where is a good place to take practice Linux tests/exams? I just want to test my memorization and how much i know

The best way to learn, is by learning to do everything yourself, you'll save a lot of money too. :)

Many years ago I purchased a new Tower with a new OS called Windoze XP. About 3 mths later I got a virus which locked me out, not knowing much about Computers I took it to a Computer shop.

My Computer was there for 5 days and was told..."we couldn't remove the virus, so we re-installed Windoze" and it cost me a ton of cash. When I asked how could I stop this from happening in the future, I was told "you can't"... of cause this was a bloody lie as I found out latter. :mad:

It was at this point I decided to learn how to do things myself, I'm no expert but I know how to get out of trouble and that's all that matters. :D

There used to be a course you could do with EdX partnering with the Linux Foundation for free, and it included a test at the end - self-paced and free.

You could take a look here

https://www.edx.org/school/linuxfoundationx

or Google

linux edx

Cheers

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz