Posting Screenshots At This Site - READ THIS for easy way

wizardfromoz

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Credits
@ 211112 - UPDATE - see #es 8 - 10 below if you prefer not to use an image hosting website.

Wizard

G'day, Wizard here :)

Be careful with your volume control, I am working on it :oops:

My first video with Vokoscreen, webcam and miked for sound.

Hope this makes things clear

Cheers

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

Last edited:

G'day, Wizard here :)

Be careful with your volume control, I am working on it :oops:

My first video with Vokoscreen, webcam and miked for sound.

Hope this makes things clear

Cheers

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

Now I know how that is done. Much obliged wizard.

Always welcome, Eugor ;)

Friday here in Oz so

Avagudweegend, all

Wiz

Horrible line hum from this . Try cleaning that up with Audacity pls.
Barely listenable

Thanks for the input and welcome to the Forum :)

The hum won't be gotten rid of - it is due to a refrigerator (over my right shoulder) that I call the singing fridge - off-balance, won't get fixed any time soon - too much mess in the garage :)

Other videos I have made since I make in the 15 minutes or so when it is silent.

Just turn down the volume and see if you can follow.

Cheers

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

Thanks for the input and welcome to the Forum :)

The hum won't be gotten rid of - it is due to a refrigerator (over my right shoulder) that I call the singing fridge - off-balance, won't get fixed any time soon - too much mess in the garage :)

Other videos I have made since I make in the 15 minutes or so when it is silent.

Just turn down the volume and see if you can follow.

Cheers

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

excuse me for haven been curt or terse or one of those other words from the same family . you can supple up that audio if you wanted to, which i think you would want to do, cuz we be geeky yes? from your video program, send the audio off to audacity. in audacity, sample a second or 2 of the (annoying) bg sound itself. use that sample as a filter and apply it to whole file.
been ages since i did audio restoration stuff, so unable to say which filter is appropriate but its fairly intuitive. and fun. if you get that far, save that sample as a preset, so next time its a little easier and faster to filter. didn't mean to come across as rude.
cheers.

excuse me for haven been curt or terse or one of those other words from the same family . .. didn't mean to come across as rude.
cheers.

No harm, no foul, MM :D

That sounds really interesting. Thanks for the tip.

I know of Audacity but have not so far used it.

We might start a new Thread in Linux Audio/Video and I can ask questions if I need help.

Friday here in Oz, so as all my friends and colleagues will know, I am going to say

Enjoy your Linux and

Avagudweegend

Wizard

BTW - I have Asperger's Syndrome as well as 7 other disorders, so I have a Ph.D in rude. A part of my credo is "Take no offence where no offence was intended" :) Works for me.

Last edited:
As mentioned above, the following provides an alternative for those who wish to post images and other files at linux.org but who may not wish to avail themselves of an image hosting site, whether it be imgur.com, tinypic.com or other.

It utilises the "Attach files" button you have at bottom of your Reply Pane, accompanied with a paperclip icon, and should anyone think this is a new innovation, it is not. It has been available for years, and I thought I had mentioned it here, but not the case.

My sincere regrets for any whom that failure to report it has inconvenienced.

I will illustrate how it is done with the following screenshots (actually using my Imgur account), and the following Post will reveal the outcome. Just look at the fickle finger of fate (mouse cursor) where I take the steps.

vboIcSB.png

OdJxbJJ.png

zMEyLVS.png

VnNzy0X.png

and

gJkP2RI.png

Wizard

Just be sure if you want to have the image easily readable, choose Full Size over Thumbnail.

Cheers and

Avagudweegend

I use postimage.. direct link for forums...
homer_simpson.gif

Postimage, photobucket, were amongst others I could not put my finger on, ta for reminding me.

I use the 'Insert Image' option in the BBCode header/selection/menu thing, instead of attaching it as a file.

Or, if you're ina hurry, the easiest way is to just type
Code:
[img]image address[/img]

That only works if it's uploaded already. To try to make it a bit more clear, as my previous comment was as clear as mud, I'm referring to this thing:

Selection_056.png

Instead of this thing:

Selection_057.png

My first comment was as clear as mud, so yeah...

Moving this to General Linux

Wiz

I open a new tab and go to Imgbb (free) https://imgbb.com/ upload my image and select...Embed codes...BBCodes...BBCode full linked and click...copy then paste in this thread.
happy0034.gif

Last edited:
BTW - I have Asperger's Syndrome as well as 7 other disorders

I realize this an older post, but when I saw this I just had to laugh and comment!

I don't typically share about my disorders . When the subject comes does come up, people tend to say something like, "Oh that must be so hard for you!"
I tell them "No biggy. Collecting disorders is just a hobby of mine. I decided that when they told me about the third one. It's better than feeling sorry for myself."

I outed myself over here if you ever want to talk more about mine or yours. I won't go further Off Topic here.

Wiz

I'd forgotten about this thread...since then I just copy and paste my pics. Condobloke showed me the light and is much easier too like this...
1707974179061.png
1707974277729.png

or...
1707974211254.png

Members online