Posting Screenshots At This Site - READ THIS for easy way

wizardfromoz

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Credits
G'day, Wizard here :)

Be careful with your volume control, I am working on it :oops:

My first video with Vokoscreen, webcam and miked for sound.

Hope this makes things clear

Cheers

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

wizardfromoz

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Credits
Always welcome, Eugor ;)

Friday here in Oz so

Avagudweegend, all

Wiz

wizardfromoz

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Credits
Thanks for the input and welcome to the Forum :)

The hum won't be gotten rid of - it is due to a refrigerator (over my right shoulder) that I call the singing fridge - off-balance, won't get fixed any time soon - too much mess in the garage :)

Other videos I have made since I make in the 15 minutes or so when it is silent.

Just turn down the volume and see if you can follow.

Cheers

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

mistermike

Credits
Thanks for the input and welcome to the Forum :)

The hum won't be gotten rid of - it is due to a refrigerator (over my right shoulder) that I call the singing fridge - off-balance, won't get fixed any time soon - too much mess in the garage :)

Other videos I have made since I make in the 15 minutes or so when it is silent.

Just turn down the volume and see if you can follow.

Cheers

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

excuse me for haven been curt or terse or one of those other words from the same family . you can supple up that audio if you wanted to, which i think you would want to do, cuz we be geeky yes? from your video program, send the audio off to audacity. in audacity, sample a second or 2 of the (annoying) bg sound itself. use that sample as a filter and apply it to whole file.
been ages since i did audio restoration stuff, so unable to say which filter is appropriate but its fairly intuitive. and fun. if you get that far, save that sample as a preset, so next time its a little easier and faster to filter. didn't mean to come across as rude.
cheers.

wizardfromoz

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Credits
excuse me for haven been curt or terse or one of those other words from the same family . .. didn't mean to come across as rude.
cheers.
No harm, no foul, MM :D

That sounds really interesting. Thanks for the tip.

I know of Audacity but have not so far used it.

We might start a new Thread in Linux Audio/Video and I can ask questions if I need help.

Friday here in Oz, so as all my friends and colleagues will know, I am going to say

Enjoy your Linux and

Avagudweegend

Wizard

BTW - I have Asperger's Syndrome as well as 7 other disorders, so I have a Ph.D in rude. A part of my credo is "Take no offence where no offence was intended" :) Works for me.

Last edited:

Members online