Post a screenshot of your Desktop

captain-sensible

Reaction score
Credits
I distro hopped again, this time to endeavourOS, wanted to give it a try before diving into Arch. Here's the latest desktop.

View attachment 10226
its a nice Distro ,backward compatible with Arch repo's
has its own knowledge base on their web site. One feature which I think is really great for the 3rd world is that you can install "offline" . With wget etc you can patiently construct a valid iso; so thats where Endeavour comes in. Then when the interent is good you can choose to update. Whats tricky in the 3rd world is when you need a chunky download with good bandwidth which Vanilla Arch requires, during the install process.

Unless your pedantic, some might say , actually your pretty much on Arch with EndevourOS.

captain-sensible

Reaction score
Credits
I distro hopped again, this time to endeavourOS, wanted to give it a try before diving into Arch. Here's the latest desktop.

View attachment 10226
I installed endeavourOS while sub Sahara , never had chance to check. I'm guessing if you check /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist there will be one entry which fetches from specific endeavourOS repo

alkion

Reaction score
Credits
My Debian:

Sunil1991

Reaction score
Credits
Ubuntu 21.10
Screenshot from 2021-09-21 13-25-34.png

dcbrown73

Reaction score
Credits
So, now that I actually have a Linux desktop. I shall show more than just my cli.

Here is the desktop.

TDNF74.jpg

I'm still fighting with the color scheme in my IDE though. The theme + color scheme are a bit of a mismatch, but I'm still working on it. I like dark themes with decently high contrast, but I absolutely hate the extreme contrast of the HIGH CONSTRAST theme / color scheme.

I actually used to really enjoy the old Borland Turbo C++ theme (dark blue) from back in the day even though it was in what look like a DOS IDE hah.

Anyhow, here is my CLion IDE. I don't care much for the dull gray theme. As noted, the color scheme isn't bad, but the dull gray and purple clash a bit.

Yx712h.jpg

LorenDB

Reaction score
Credits
So, now that I actually have a Linux desktop. I shall show more than just my cli.

Here is the desktop.

TDNF74.jpg

I'm still fighting with the color scheme in my IDE though. The theme + color scheme are a bit of a mismatch, but I'm still working on it. I like dark themes with decently high contrast, but I absolutely hate the extreme contrast of the HIGH CONSTRAST theme / color scheme.

I actually used to really enjoy the old Borland Turbo C++ theme (dark blue) from back in the day even though it was in what look like a DOS IDE hah.

Anyhow, here is my CLion IDE. I don't care much for the dull gray theme. As noted, the color scheme isn't bad, but the dull gray and purple clash a bit.

Yx712h.jpg
I agree that CLion looks bad; otherwise, I think it looks awesome! If it was my desktop, I'd want larger margins around those icons in the tray, though. But it's yours, not mine :)

KGIII

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Credits
@kjm007

Are you making these wallpapers? If so, that's slightly different and I don't think we have an 'official' wallpaper thread. We could have an official wallpaper thread easily enough. I don't see why we don't have one. We may have one and I don't know where it is, so there's that.

TheProf

Gold Member
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Credits
I've done some minor tweaks to the desktop, loving this setup so far.

1633271691527.png

rado84

Reaction score
Credits
Mine hasn't changed much for months but I'll post it anyway, except for the fact that I managed to finally make a decent transparent theme. The black rectangle in the bottom right corner is a necessity since my recent discovery that the panel can't have a text outlining for the calendar, at least not the same way the desktop icons can.

YymWwmI.png

f33dm3bits

Gold Member
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Credits
I switched to Plasm as my DE because I missed having a modern looking desktop even though my Sway was fun to setup. However I replaced the Plasma window manager(Kwin) with i3wm, that way I have a modern looking desktop and I can make use of tiling so being able to use best of both worlds. :cool:
2021-10-14_08_37_08.jpeg

$100 Digital Ocean Credit
Get a free VM to test out Linux!

Members online