Post a screenshot of your Desktop

captain-sensible

Credits
I distro hopped again, this time to endeavourOS, wanted to give it a try before diving into Arch. Here's the latest desktop.

View attachment 10226
its a nice Distro ,backward compatible with Arch repo's
has its own knowledge base on their web site. One feature which I think is really great for the 3rd world is that you can install "offline" . With wget etc you can patiently construct a valid iso; so thats where Endeavour comes in. Then when the interent is good you can choose to update. Whats tricky in the 3rd world is when you need a chunky download with good bandwidth which Vanilla Arch requires, during the install process.

Unless your pedantic, some might say , actually your pretty much on Arch with EndevourOS.

alkion

Credits
My Debian:

dcbrown73

Credits
So, now that I actually have a Linux desktop. I shall show more than just my cli.

Here is the desktop.

I'm still fighting with the color scheme in my IDE though. The theme + color scheme are a bit of a mismatch, but I'm still working on it. I like dark themes with decently high contrast, but I absolutely hate the extreme contrast of the HIGH CONSTRAST theme / color scheme.

I actually used to really enjoy the old Borland Turbo C++ theme (dark blue) from back in the day even though it was in what look like a DOS IDE hah.

Anyhow, here is my CLion IDE. I don't care much for the dull gray theme. As noted, the color scheme isn't bad, but the dull gray and purple clash a bit.

LorenDB

Credits
So, now that I actually have a Linux desktop. I shall show more than just my cli.

Here is the desktop.

I'm still fighting with the color scheme in my IDE though. The theme + color scheme are a bit of a mismatch, but I'm still working on it. I like dark themes with decently high contrast, but I absolutely hate the extreme contrast of the HIGH CONSTRAST theme / color scheme.

I actually used to really enjoy the old Borland Turbo C++ theme (dark blue) from back in the day even though it was in what look like a DOS IDE hah.

Anyhow, here is my CLion IDE. I don't care much for the dull gray theme. As noted, the color scheme isn't bad, but the dull gray and purple clash a bit.

I agree that CLion looks bad; otherwise, I think it looks awesome! If it was my desktop, I'd want larger margins around those icons in the tray, though. But it's yours, not mine :)

KGIII

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Credits
@kjm007

Are you making these wallpapers? If so, that's slightly different and I don't think we have an 'official' wallpaper thread. We could have an official wallpaper thread easily enough. I don't see why we don't have one. We may have one and I don't know where it is, so there's that.

rado84

Credits
Mine hasn't changed much for months but I'll post it anyway, except for the fact that I managed to finally make a decent transparent theme. The black rectangle in the bottom right corner is a necessity since my recent discovery that the panel can't have a text outlining for the calendar, at least not the same way the desktop icons can.

f33dm3bits

Gold Member
Gold Supporter
Credits
I switched to Plasm as my DE because I missed having a modern looking desktop even though my Sway was fun to setup. However I replaced the Plasma window manager(Kwin) with i3wm, that way I have a modern looking desktop and I can make use of tiling so being able to use best of both worlds. :cool:
2021-10-14_08_37_08.jpeg

$100 Digital Ocean Credit
Get a free VM to test out Linux!

Latest posts