pop-os doesn't detect my wifi adapter after i updated to latest version.

begad

Reaction score
Credits
hello, I am a new guy to Linux and have been using pop-os for like a week now and when I updated to the newest version I find that it doesn't detect my wifi adapter putting in mind that in the older update it was detecting it and running smoothly I tried updating drivers and reading other forums nothing helped my wifi adapter Broadcom and ya that's it please if you have a way to fix it tell me <3

Have you tried installing broadcom-sta-dkms? Open a terminal and run the following.
Code:
sudo apt install broadcom-sta-dkms
Then reboot your system en see if your wireless is working, if it isn't open a terminal again and then
share the output of the following.
Code:
ip a
lspci -nn | grep -i net

k now when i try to boot the device after i log in i get a black screen note: i didnt do anything yet it just dont even let me in

Is that after you installed broadcom-sta-dkms or you have done that either as in you have change anything yet?

Press ctrl+alt+f6, that should switch you to virtual console where you should be able to login. Can you try that?

Can run the following and share a picture of what you see, use your mobile.
Code:
systemctl list-unit-files | grep gdm

Try running the following and then tell me what happens?
Code:
sudo systemctl restart gdm

k finnaly it worked k i will try the wifi connections command and tell u what happened :)

I am assuming that means you got the graphical login screen again as before?

yes now i am in running command i am getting an error i will send in a sec i am opening the browser on linux

when i open the browser on linux it now crashed and doesnt open ????

1627723073345.png
that what i am getting when trying to run the first command to fix the wifi

edge browser
I think your browser profile may be corrupted, you can try to rename or delete whatever directory has your browser profile stored and then open the browser again.

Members online

Latest posts