Pop OS + ASUS Xonar DG + Logitech z906 surround sound issues

kaplarh

Reaction score
Credits
Hi all,

I've got a 5.1 logitech z906 surround sound system to Pop OS pc.
Im struggeling getting the surround sound to work. I can only get sound from Front Right and Front Left speakers, even with a 5.1 config. It should be noted that i also use this set up woth another PC where it works just fine.

Code:
aplay --list-devices

**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: DG [Xonar DG], device 0: Multichannel [Multichannel]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: DG [Xonar DG], device 1: Digital [Digital]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

I've tried to use AlsaMixer to configure sound, but it doesnt seem to make any changes. This is the current setup.
1634305256302.png

I've tried editing the pulse audio conf like instructed from this guide https://help.ubuntu.com/community/SurroundSound - but i think this might be outdated.

Anyone have an idea of how to get this to work? Or have a working setup with a Xonar DG on Linux?

Thanks

Hmm... Many sound issues are fixed by installing 'pavucontrol', opening it from the terminal, and just going through the settings (it'll vary depending on the device) to see if there's something amiss. When you're in there troubleshooting, there are various drop-down menus and the lock icon can be pressed to sometimes show different settings.

I'd start there.

Got any ideas what to look for?

I can't think of anything else but your/my comment will cycle this in front of new eyes. In the past, to enable 5.1 surround sound I've just had to turn 'em up in pavucontrol or it has worked out of the box.

Staff online