Poll doesn't remember my vote

rado84

Reaction score
Credits
When I entered the forum a few minutes ago I noticed a poll where I can finally vote (preffered distro) and voted for "Mint" which made the votes for Mint to be 4. Then I clicked on a topic in order to reply and while I was writing my post I noticed the poll doesn't show my vote. So I voted for Mint again, the votes for Mint became 4 again, posted my reply and went back to the forum index. The poll was reset again and my vote was gone.
Here's a video with the problem:
https://www6.zippyshare.com/v/EsiOAcaD/file.html

See below

l8khcAL.png

BEFORE WIZARD'S VOTE

and

QMYZ2vS.png

AFTER WIZARD'S VOTE

Results are the same with sidebar view and from the Thread itself.

Must be the way you are holding your mouth? :)

Seriously, we have the occasional localised problem with software here.

If other Members have difficulties, we can plead a case to Management.

Cheers

Wizard
BTW I voted Debian, but will change, later, I like and use all the options, plus more :D

So I voted for Mint again, the votes for Mint became 4 again, posted my reply and went back to the forum index. The poll was reset again and my vote was gone.
I think you're misinterpreting what you're seeing. The first time you voted, it went up to 4. All subsequent times it ignored your re-vote and remained at four. You can see a dot or an asterisk to the left of the distro you voted for.

It ignores my re-votes too. I tried it because I wondered if it was sophisticated enough to prevent multiple votes per person.

I notice you never clicked on "View Results" in your video. It shows the results without affecting them.

I never heard of zippyshare before.

Not the best way to post a video, I cannot watch it, YouTube is easier, I use it here.

Zippyshare fails on my UBlock, and when I relax restrictions I get shuffled all over the place, including ending with a Game called Vikings something for 18+ with a lady with a very attractive butt but no joy on the vid. Still, it put a smile on my dial for my first coffee of the day :)

Wizard

Hah!
I came here to get away from talk of stolen elections! LOL :D

Huh? I wasn't talking about politics (which I'm sick of), I was talking about the poll to the right side of the screen.
Sorry.
Feeble attempt at 'humor'.
Not funny if it has to be explained. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Members online

Latest posts