PLEASE HELP!!

D

Diego Avila

I have been trying to get into the Linux world for a while now, but I have always found problems. I want to boot Puppy Arcade from a Live USB.
I have followed tones of tutorials on how to do this, but it has never EVER worked. I have tried with UNetBootin in Mac and PC, Linux USB Builder for Mac, Universal USB Installer and manually formating my USB and integrating the files by hand, but nothing works.
I have tried to boot it on a Mac OS 10.8, Windows XP, and Windows 7, for mac it takes me to a black window and makes me press TAB to view the commands avilable, when I write boot command it says error: no kermel or something like that, with PC I have more issues, sometimes it says No OS Found and boots windows, and sometimes it sends me to a black window with a blinking underscore, what should I do??????
Please Help!!
Thanks

Might help to give a little info on your computer.

Does your computer allow booting from USB? Do you have USB set as a boot device?

What EXACT steps have you taken to create a boot USB?

Puppy on USB

I have tried to boot it on a 2008 aluminium macbook 4GB ram, an hp mini 110, and a Dell pp05l with a 2 GB kingston datatraveler drive.
I have always downloaded the Puppy Arcade ISO from the official site, and put it into UNetBootin or Linux USB Builder, or Universal USB Installer and follow the steps of the installer, also I always format my drive to MS-DOT(FAT) before doing anything

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts