PCAN devices

MrJanuary

Reaction score
Credits
Distribution: Ubuntu 18.04
Version: 5.4.0-91-generic

Hello, I am wondering if someone can help me out. I have a GC-CAN-USB (USB CAN Adapter) made by gridconnect. I plugged this guy into my laptop and I ran:

Code:
ifconfig

I suppose I was assuming I would see the device show up here as can0; however, that is not the case. I ran:

Code:
lsusb

and the system is recognizing the device:

Bus 001 Device 014: ID 0c72:000c PEAK System PCAN-USB

Is there some way for me to configure this device s/t it will be treated as port can0?

Last edited:

Oh and welcome to the forums

Gridconnect use peak chipsets, see..

I ran:
Code:
 sudo modprobe peak_pci
 sudo modprobe peak_usb

Code:
ifconfig
still shows no can0 or can1. Running:
Code:
lsmod | grep ^peak
showed:
peak_usb 45056 0

which seems conflicting. Perhaps I should install the driver package manually anyways?

As the footnote in the article states, it may still not work on some builds[distributions]

As the footnote in the article states, it may still not work on some builds[distributions]

Once I got some CAN traffic going the device showed up when running:
Code:
ifconfig

So it would seem the installation worked, thank you. Any idea if it is possible to specify which can port any one device will go to? For instance, with only one device plugged in, would it be possible to have that device be recognized on can1 instead of can0?

So it would seem the installation worked, thank you. Any idea if it is possible to specify which can port any one device will go to? For instance, with only one device plugged in, would it be possible to have that device be recognized on can1 instead of can0?
Sorry can't help with that,,,I only knew about the chipset as I was researching to set up a DVB-T dongle also with peak chipsets

Bwiz

Members online

Latest posts