• Nivida GPU

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Amd CPU

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Amd GPU

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

I have always preferred AMD product to those of Intel , for reliability but Nvida are very good cards also

Intel processors / Intel HD processor graphics / Intel integrated graphics have always worked with Linux OOTB.

AMD processors / AMD graphics cards / AMD APUs / AMD integrated graphics have always worked with Linux OOTB.

On the computers I have.

AMD Athlon x4, Nvidia for the grapics and ASUSTek for audio on an ASRock MB.
My first self designed out fit prior to that HP Laptop with AMD processor.
If you wonder why I have a preference for AMD was a comment way back when, in the days of the 386 or 486 processors, by an Intel executive on their processors "Yeah! We ship out Lemons."

If you wonder why I have a preference for AMD was a comment way back when, in the days of the 386 or 486 processors, by an Intel executive on their processors "Yeah! We ship out Lemons."
yep exactly the reason i always use AMD in home builds,, unfortunately my current desktop is a factory HP job,
last year during lockdown my last hombuild threw a wobbly and cooked the motherboard, I was unable to contact my parts suppliers, and found this 4 year old HP Prodesk for £80, it arrived the following day, dose the job but with an I5 quad and 8gb its still slower with jobs i want it to do than my 11yr old home-build athalonx2 6000 [with a huge cooler that looks like a chemical works ] 8gb and amd Ati graphic with 1gb on board, 10 USB and 400w psu & 4 harddrives
as the Hp only has 1 bay, I now have 4 drives with information I haven't been able to access, this soon to be cured as i have just yesterday ordered a usb3 dock

It doesn't really matter from my experience. I'm using both Intel and AMD cpu's and both run great, as for gpu Nvidia and Intel have always worked great for me. I recently switched over from an Nvidia gpu to an AMD gpu but don't notice a difference in performance or user experience. However using an AMD gpu on GNU/Linux does have it's advantages.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts