PC Card Type II/PCMCIA II on a Panasonic Toughbook CF-31S

Deo3560

Reaction score
Credits
Hi I am running Ubuntu 20.04 on a Panasonic CF-31S MK3 and am trying to get all the hardware working on it. Right now my focus is on getting the PC Card Type II or PCMCIA II Slot To detect a Expansion card that fits into that slot. What would I need to do, or what information would I need to give to get this working. If I need more information, like details about the PC Card Slot manufacturer, make, and model, how would I go about obtaining said information. And if you do have an answer to get it working, please be detailed as I am fairly new to the linux operating system, but I am very interested in learning as much as I can.

Thank you in advance for any helpful information that anyone can provide!
-Deo3560

Do you mean that the expansion card is connected and in your PC right now? Have you connected anything to the expansion slot that way we can look for something to detect?

EDIT: I Just plugged in a PCMCIA SD Card Reader and it read the SD Card fine, so it looks like it is detecting the card. Thanks for the help!

Last edited:
EDIT: I Just plugged in a PCMCIA SD Card Reader and it read the SD Card fine, so it looks like it is detecting the card. Thanks for the help!
It must have not been plugged in correctly then before since it is working now. Glad it's working now, I didn't do anything so you only have to thank yourself. Also welcome to Linux.org, be sure to introduce yourself to the rest of the members in the introduction section :)

Members online