Parrotsec - Parrot Security 4.2.2 Installation Problem

Ritchie

Reaction score
Credits
Good Evening/Morning Dear Linux Family!
So basically im just noticed the power of linux while some weeks ago i was playing around with some pentest distros like Kali via VirtualMashine.
Im just have a bit of regret since im discovered linux too late.
I really like the enviroinment and the way how things works on.
Well ok , the cool part starts here, since i decided to clean install it on an empty ssd problems started.
First at all i already posted a little ticket on their web site based community, but i see many question remains pending there for mounts.

Ok, practicall stuff :
1- Created bootable Usb with "Etcher" as parrotsec site reccomends.
2-Tried to go into Live mode but get only black screen.Then i just suppose that maybe my RX 480 Drivers are missing by default so i switched from PEG (external GPU - RX 480) into iGPU with allocated 128 mb of memory (my integrated i5 vga) and voilà the result was positive and its booted into live.
3.Once rebooted from my usb i started with installation - i have choosen "the whole disc" and var/home at the same place (as reccomended) created partition - and installed.Once Grub message appears i maked yes "force to use grub" and then had terminated my installation.
Rebooted my pc and zero. Complete zero. Cant even boot from ssd cause black screen with missing operating system appears.
4.Resintalled couple of times (like 20 or 25 LOL) i had my grubloader finally appears but it dosnt boot into system.
I think i have something messed up into my Bios Settings (secureboot is off - Msi have this tricky part on windows 8.1 WQandsomeletters that are desaled by default)
You guys have any clue where im missing?
Im also able to go live stream just for showing you how things going on, and maybe you can help me in live mode (if im not asking too much)
In order to be correct here is my $hw list :
CPU : Intel - Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor
Motherboard : MSI - B150A Gaming Pro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
Video Card : MSI - Radeon RX 480 8GB Video Card
Power Supply : Corsair - Builder 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply

Thanks a lot to every one who can contribute to my pain kill.

(also sorry for my bad englando)

Dear member, i had some success! I think my Iso file Downloaded as torrent were corrupted. After fresh download its Works!
Holy cow! So basically im facing only the AMD problem since im running it on my integrated graphic card.
So the main question is : how to get my rx 480 works properly on parrotsec?
Thanks a lot

G'day @Ritchie and welcome to linux.org :)

It is good that you got Parrot working, I was going to ask if you verified your download.

Can you open a Terminal and enter

Code:
uname -r

and give us the output?

This article from a couple of years ago

https://opensourceforu.com/2016/07/linux-4-7-now-enhanced-security-advanced-graphics-support/

includes, in part

The new kernel is supporting the newly launched Radeon RX 480 GPUs through the AMDGPU driver. Furthermore, the video driver gets upgraded with some performance improvements.

But maybe the integrated graphics is an issue.

If there is a problem with the graphics, please describe what is happening.

You could also give us the output for

Code:
inxi -Fxs

I have to go for my evening (Australia) but some one else may show up in the meantime.

For the benefit of someone not familiar with Parrot, it is based directly on Debian, ie no PPAs.

Cheers

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

Hello dear Chris!
Big thanks for your kind reply!
└──╼ $uname -r
4.18.0-parrot10-amd64
inxi -Fxs is not working . Cant found a command.

So my problem that i need (i think) a graphic driver to be installed .

I can boot the system only with intel Integrated Graphics, if i launch with a gpu its gives me a black screen :S

G'day @Ritchie and welcome to linux.org :)

It is good that you got Parrot working, I was going to ask if you verified your download.

Can you open a Terminal and enter

Code:
uname -r

and give us the output?

This article from a couple of years ago

https://opensourceforu.com/2016/07/linux-4-7-now-enhanced-security-advanced-graphics-support/

includes, in part

But maybe the integrated graphics is an issue.

If there is a problem with the graphics, please describe what is happening.

You could also give us the output for

Code:
inxi -Fxs

I have to go for my evening (Australia) but some one else may show up in the meantime.

For the benefit of someone not familiar with Parrot, it is based directly on Debian, ie no PPAs.

Cheers

write my essay now
Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

Thanks a lot!

Members online