parrot os not detecting my hard drives while installing

madhu786

Reaction score
Credits
when i am trying to install parrot os along with windows 10 , my hard drive partiotons space which i allocated to parrot os is not detecting ,same problem repeating with kali linux and ubuntu, please help me? thank you..!

Attachments

• Screenshot (13).png
    Screenshot (13).png
    584.8 KB · Views: 1,402
  • Screenshot (14).png
    Screenshot (14).png
    762.6 KB · Views: 1,303
  • Screenshot (15).png
    Screenshot (15).png
    749.8 KB · Views: 1,355

G'day @madhu786 and welcome to linux.org :)

From your screenshots, you appear to be attempting to install Parrot to a 32 GB USB stick instead of to your hard drive alongside Windows.

That would be on /dev/sda not /dev/sdb

You should start again from scratch and direct the install to the correct place.

If this is your first experience with Linux, I should tell you that Distros such as Kali and Parrot are not for beginners, they are for security industry experts.

You should consider trying Ubuntu or Linux Mint first, and getting a couple of years experience before trying the others.

Cheers

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

G'day @madhu786 and welcome to linux.org :)

From your screenshots, you appear to be attempting to install Parrot to a 32 GB USB stick instead of to your hard drive alongside Windows.

That would be on /dev/sda not /dev/sdb

You should start again from scratch and direct the install to the correct place.

If this is your first experience with Linux, I should tell you that Distros such as Kali and Parrot are not for beginners, they are for security industry experts.

You should consider trying Ubuntu or Linux Mint first, and getting a couple of years experience before trying the others.

Cheers

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz
Trying to install Ubuntu. But it's repeating same problem bro

OK let's stick with Ubuntu for now, it is simpler.

When you are in its installer (named Ubiquity), Ubiquity will have detected that you have Windows installed, and offer you an opportunity to install Ubuntu alongside Windows, or else to erase the disk and install just Ubuntu.

You should be choosing to install alongside Windows. What are you doing there?

Wizard

So your answer is try another distro!? That's not acceptable at all this is a forum to be able to work these issues out not just say try another distro.

So your answer is try another distro!? That's not acceptable at all this is a forum to be able to work these issues out not just say try another distro.
is is a case thats hes sick as a parrot , or sick of parrot ?

Speculation my friend, as the OP has not been seen since 4 September :)

Hello @SolidYusufAli and welcome to linux.org :)

If you spend a bit more than 12 hours here and do some reading around the site, you may find that we usually try to help Members to achieve their goals, further that we are usually successful.

If I were a Motorcycle Riding Instructor, and someone came to me and wanted to ride a 1200 cc superbike, with no riding experience, I would be irresponsible if I did not suggest they start with a 250 and work their way up.

So too, with Kali and Parrot.

Many of the pen testing tools are available through the Repositories of the mainstream distros, as you can read here

https://www.linux.org/threads/linux-for-cybersecurity.19269/post-57380

I hope that if you do a little more research, and a little less jumping in jack boots and all, that you will find ours is a cooperative and enjoyable community to be a part of. :)

Enjoy your Linux, all and

Avagudweegend

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

Staff online

Members online