Parrot os from the windows command line.

overlaryan

Reaction score
Credits
Is there any way to change the os from windows so my Samsung go book doesn’t use windows as it’s starting o.s?? And how can I swap the desktop to parrot if not?? I have downloaded parrot and it did absolutely nothing lol

Is there any way to change the os from windows so my Samsung go book doesn’t use windows as it’s starting o.s?? And how can I swap the desktop to parrot if not?? I have downloaded parrot and it did absolutely nothing lol
You'll have to go into your BIOS and change the boot options so that Parrot boots first.

I went to bios and parrot isn’t even an option
That’s how I got into the windows command line but I’m not sure if mabe I’m missing something or what I did wrong for the install, everything downloaded correctly as far as I can tell, do I need to extract it somewhere and then find it in bios?

That’s how I got into the windows command line but I’m not sure if mabe I’m missing something or what I did wrong for the install, everything downloaded correctly as far as I can tell, do I need to extract it somewhere and then find it in bios?
If you already installed it should be there if you did it correctly.

Are you trying to dual boot or install it fully?

Install it fully and that’s the package I clicked on and downloaded I’ll hop into my files and make sure, I appreciate the help
Download it on a thumb drive or whatever, then select that device from your boot options. It will load and boot into Parrots desktop, from there you can then begin to install it.

Install it fully and that’s the package I clicked on and downloaded I’ll hop into my files and make sure, I appreciate the help
BTW you need to use a media writer for the iso file.

Make your ISO installation medium [pendrive or DVD-r]

1] download your chosen distribution
2]burn a bootble usb pendrive [make sure you check the Md/Sha sum] to do this we recommend https://linux-tips.us/balenaetcher-a-tool-to-turn-linux-iso-files-into-bootable-usb-drives/

To Install

1, plug in the machine
2 insert Iso , usb into drive
3 switch on and open the short boot menu [method will depend on the make and model of your computer]
look down the list and find usb click on it and enter, after a few seconds [depending on your choice of distribution] it will load a “live” session to Ram, [you do not need a harddrive at this stage]
4,when it is loaded check everything works ok [wi-fi, sound, graphics] easiest way to do this is click on the wireless icon find your router and enter the password, when loaded go to your favourite music video site and pick something your familiar with, if it plays ok and the picture looks good you can then decide if you want to take a chance on installing.
5, double click the install button the iso will then check the components of your machine this may take several seconds to a couple of minuets, then provided the harddrive checked out ok it will start to install
6]watch it install when it asks about partitioning this is your final chance to decide if you want to duel boot with your existing system or wipe the system and just install linux,choose your option,
7] during install most distributions will asked if you wish to install non-free/proprietary drivers tick the box for yes and enter
8] you will need to enter information as it installs so keep an eye on it, a typical linux installation can take from 10 to 20 minuets [far less than windows]
9] when it installs you will get a message do you wish to re-start now, accept

Now sit back whilst it re-boots then it will take a couple more minuets to clean up the installation and get rid of the install files,
then if all goes well we will have a working linux box

when installed we recommend you install and activate “ Timeshift” [this is similar to windows restore]

Make your ISO installation medium [pendrive or DVD-r]

If you're interested, you can write that with a bit more attention to grammar (or I can edit it), and post that as an article at linux-tips.us so you can just link to it in the future. If you register for the site, you could actually write it yourself and then maintain it when you feel like making changes to it. It's pretty easy.

I've been planning on writing something similar for a while now, but you've already done 3/4 of the work! :D

If you're interested, you can write
It's the same one I wrote quickly back in October, I will take a look at it tomorrow [i have it as a word doc in my files] and dress it up a bit [then if you may wish to expand it you can do it there]

That sounds like a plan to me. You'll get proper credit, as have all the rest. To avoid derailing the thread, we can take it to PM or to email.

I'm not worried about spam. My public email address is [email protected] if you wish.

@KGIII OK my friend once I have a better draft I pop it over by e-mail for your approval before I join & post on the other site

Members online