Painting and Sketching

the key long term is probably to have your own domain and set something up on your own hosting . That way you can shift everything to somewhere else and just point your domain there. if your setup is via some blogger site then you are contained in every way by that site including reputation.

the key long term is probably to have your own domain and set something up on your own hosting . That way you can shift everything to somewhere else and just point your domain there. if your setup is via some blogger site then you are contained in every way by that site including reputation.
Your entire post Greek to me, lol. I am such a novice to all this. I have no idea exactly what a "domain" is, but I think that's a website. And I only heard about "hosting" yesterday in my reading. I understand what youre saying about being ti4ed to a blogger site, but I am really looking for something easy. I just want to journal for my "peeps". Not looking to make money, just spread the word. That being said, I'm seeing lots of beginner blog sites that say you can't monetize them. Does that mean you can't accept donations, either? I'm not opposed to donations, I just don't want to sell anything for myself or anyone else.

well lets put it simple then. There is a house that stores stuff "content" say its an art gallery(hosting) .

But nobody knows where it is, so someone put up a road sign (domain) "pointing" to the house that is a gallery so every body just goes straight to house . If the house moved 2 doors down, it would simply be a case of pointing the sign to that house.

So basically a web site is "domain" a sign that when you put into address bar of browser points you straight to the web content (home page) that is stored in a big digital house (server)

simples

@Alexzee

I think you are making the right move to get a professional opinion and appraisal. We had a dealer here to appraise the paintings we have. While here, I had him look at a painting that my nephew did. He thought it was worth around $4,200.00. Not bad for a guy who has never had a lesson in painting.
Here is what he did:
View attachment 5586
Thanks for asking.
Great grandson is growing like the proverbial weed!
The latest we got was a video in which he looked like he wanted to talk, but couldn't quite form the words yet.
We'll be heading to Tulsa OK in about a month for our first actual encounter with him. The weather should be nice for travel by then.
Old Geezer
TC
Beautiful painting!

Glad to hear that your grand baby is doing good.
That's good news that your headed to Tulsa, OK to see him for the first time.
Have a great time. :)

The more I hear about Wordpress, the less impressed I am. I'm looking at Blogger right now and another one but I forget the name.

Congratulations on that greatgrandbaby, TC! Grands- and greats- are the greatest!!!

@Granny Sue
I owe you a beer for the congratulation message. LOL.
OGTC

@Granny Sue @Alexzee @captain-sensible @wizardfromoz @Condobloke @hacodo75

Sorry if I left anyone out.

Here's the latest pic of my son and his grandson - my great-grandson.

Charlie Bev-3 and Grandpa C.png

I guess baldness runs in the family! LOL. We have not seen him face to face yet, but will in a few weeks.

Old Codger
TC

What a great picture! The family resemblance runs right on down the line. :D

Members online