Packegit.service masked

Reaction score
Credits
Hi,
I am a new linux user that is learning how to use Kali Linux, yesterday a new error happear to me when I tried to install a new program or make a system update. This is the error when i do sudo apt-get update:
Error: GDBus.Error:eek:rg.freedesktop.systemd1.UnitMasked: Unit -.mount is masked.

Looking for that error in the logs I found (cat syslog):

Feb 11 12:03:23 David dbus-daemon[504]: [system] Activating via systemd: service name='org.freedesktop.PackageKit' unit='packagekit.service' requested by ':1.4511' (uid=0 pid=28060 comm="/usr/bin/gdbus call --system --dest org.freedeskto")
Feb 11 12:03:23 David dbus-daemon[504]: [system] Activation via systemd failed for unit 'packagekit.service': Unit -.mount is masked.
Feb 11 12:03:23 David dbus-daemon[504]: [system] Activating via systemd: service name='org.freedesktop.PackageKit' unit='packagekit.service' requested by ':1.4511' (uid=0 pid=28060 comm="/usr/bin/gdbus call --system --dest org.freedeskto")
Feb 11 12:03:23 David dbus-daemon[504]: [system] Activation via systemd failed for unit 'packagekit.service': Unit -.mount is masked.

Then, when listing the unit files that are masked (sudo systemctl list-unit-files --state=masked):
UNIT FILE STATE
bootlogd.service masked
bootlogs.service masked
bootmisc.service masked
checkfs.service masked
checkroot-bootclean.service masked
checkroot.service masked
cryptdisks-early.service masked
cryptdisks.service masked
dradis.service masked
halt.service masked
hostname.service masked
hwclock.service masked
iodined.service masked
killprocs.service masked
live-tools.service masked
lvm2.service masked
motd.service masked
mountall-bootclean.service masked
mountall.service masked
mountdevsubfs.service masked
mountkernfs.service masked
mountnfs-bootclean.service masked
mountnfs.service masked
rc.service masked
rcS.service masked
reboot.service masked
rmnologin.service masked
samba-ad-dc.service masked
saned.service masked
screen-cleanup.service masked
sendsigs.service masked
single.service masked
stop-bootlogd-single.service masked
stop-bootlogd.service masked
sudo.service masked
umountfs.service masked
umountnfs.service masked
umountroot.service masked
x11-common.service masked

39 unit files listed.

I didn't find the packeging service.

Please, could anyone help me? I have no idea what to do to repair this mistake.

Googling I found this thereat: https://askubuntu.com/questions/1017734/unit-packagekit-service-is-masked
But the answer dind help me neither.

Thanks in advance for your help and excuse my english.

G'day David, and Welcome to Linux.org

Kali Linux...not my forte, so I wont be of any help there....

However....i have to ask....Why Kali Linux ??!!...if ever there was a distro to encourage a new user to never use Linux again...that would be it.

It is one of the hardest distro's to learn....and even then it is meant to be an Advanced Penetration Testing Linux distribution used for Penetration Testing, Ethical Hacking and network security assessments.

Do you have experience in that field ?

Members online

Latest posts