open 4 konsole

J

johan oosterwaal

Hello,

i'm new at linux and i working on the following issue.
i want to monitor a wireless network with the following commands:
ifconfig wlan0 up
ifconfig wlan1 up
ifconfig wlan2 up
ifconfig wlan3 up
airmon-ng start wlan0
airmon-ng start wlan1
airmon-ng start wlan2
airmon-ng start wlan3
airodump-ng mon0 --channel 1
airodump-ng mon1 --channel 6
airodump-ng mon2 --channel 11
airodump-ng mon3 --channel 14

the only problem is i need to run every command separate in 4 different konsole like:
konsole 1
ifconfig wlan0 up
airmon-ng start wlan0
airodump-ng mon0 --channel 1

konsole 2
ifconfig wlan1 up
airmon-ng start wlan1
airodump-ng mon1 --channel 6

and so on... how can i create a script that thus this for me...?

thanks!.

After a bit of a play with Konsole and its command line options, I have come up with this:

Code:
#!/bin/bash
# write the commands we want to use to four temporary files:
echo "ifconfig wlan0 up; airmon-ng start wlan0; airodump-ng mon0 --channel 1" > /tmp/kon1RC
echo "ifconfig wlan1 up; airmon-ng start wlan1; airodump-ng mon1 --channel 6" > /tmp/kon2RC
echo "ifconfig wlan2 up; airmon-ng start wlan2; airodump-ng mon2 --channel 11" > /tmp/kon3RC
echo "ifconfig wlan3 up; airmon-ng start wlan3; airodump-ng mon3 --channel 14" > /tmp/kon4RC

# Fire up 4 instances of Konsole and run the commands:
konsole --separate -e /bin/bash --rcfile /tmp/kon1RC
konsole --separate -e /bin/bash --rcfile /tmp/kon2RC
konsole --separate -e /bin/bash --rcfile /tmp/kon3RC
konsole --separate -e /bin/bash --rcfile /tmp/kon4RC

NOTE:
I haven't tested the script with the commands you are using, I don't have airmon or airodump installed. So I used a different chain of commands.

The reason for the temporary files is because I had problems chaining the commands together after the -e flag. I tried numerous different things. After everything I tried failed, writing the commands to temporary files was the only other thing I could think of. The temporary files are then used as parameters to bash. And this worked for me. So I am happy with that!

I don't know if anybody will have any better suggestions, but I hope this will be of some use! :)

Last edited:
After a bit of a play with Konsole and its command line options, I have come up with this:

Code:
#!/bin/bash
# write the commands we want to use to four temporary files:
echo "ifconfig wlan0 up; airmon-ng start wlan0; airodump-ng mon0 --channel 1" > /tmp/kon1RC
echo "ifconfig wlan1 up; airmon-ng start wlan1; airodump-ng mon1 --channel 6" > /tmp/kon2RC
echo "ifconfig wlan2 up; airmon-ng start wlan2; airodump-ng mon2 --channel 11" > /tmp/kon3RC
echo "ifconfig wlan3 up; airmon-ng start wlan3; airodump-ng mon3 --channel 14" > /tmp/kon4RC

# Fire up 4 instances of Konsole and run the commands:

NOTE:
I haven't tested the script with the commands you are using, I don't have airmon or airodump installed. So I used a different chain of commands.

The reason for the temporary files is because I had problems chaining the commands together after the -e flag. I tried numerous different things. After everything I tried failed, writing the commands to temporary files was the only other thing I could think of. The temporary files are then used as parameters to bash. And this worked for me. So I am happy with that!

I don't know if anybody will have any better suggestions, but I hope this will be of some use! :)

Thanks!! that worked...

i only needed to change the following

to

gnomde-terminal -x /bin/bash --rcfile /tmp/kon1RC
gnomde-terminal -x /bin/bash --rcfile /tmp/kon2RC
gnomde-terminal -x /bin/bash --rcfile /tmp/kon3RC
gnomde-terminal -x /bin/bash --rcfile /tmp/kon4RC

Ah! When you said konsole, I assumed you were using the KDE terminal with the same name! :)

Although I'm currently a Kubuntu user, I prefer Terminator to Konsole. So I'm not that au fait with Konsole, heh heh! In fact, I rarely use the KDE/Plasma desktop anymore. I spend most of my time with dwm nowadays!

Last edited: