Oops! We ran into some problems.

Tolkem

Reaction score
Credits
Hi everyone! Hope you're all having a nice life! :)

I've noticed that in Firefox(latest and previous versions as well), this Oops! We ran into some problems message appears from time to time, I've never(at least not that I remember)had the same problem with Chromium, so I wonder whether it is a Firefox issue or a Forum issue. Has anyone else had the same problem?

ksnip_20210718-113824.png

ksnip_20210718-113813.png

ksnip_20210718-113807.png

currently on FF 90.0 on Arch ; no problems with forum so far...

I was having the same issue.
I had fission enabled in about:config
Disabling it seems to have fixed the problem.

I wonder whether it is a Firefox issue or a Forum issue. Has anyone else had the same problem?
I don't know if Firefox could "cause" this to happen, but it is a Forum error that you see. For example, you can generate the error by trying to send a private message and not including a Title to the message, or by trying to send a PM to a user who has messaging disabled (like me). These are repeatable.

^^^....what @stan said

I also see that sometimes when there's seemingly a database glitch. It's rare, but happens. It also tends to happen in spurts - meaning you'll get more errors in a short amount of time. It's especially frustrating when the glitches happen during the approval phase and I have to approve a comment more than once.

I was having the same issue.
I had fission enabled in about:config
Disabling it seems to have fixed the problem.

What fission setting exactly? I see a bunch of those lol
fission.PNG

I don't know if Firefox could "cause" this to happen, but it is a Forum error that you see. For example, you can generate the error by trying to send a private message and not including a Title to the message, or by trying to send a PM to a user who has messaging disabled (like me). These are repeatable.
I don't know either, but it's happened a few times. I know of those kinds of errors when not including a title and the likes, but this is different; I was replying to a thread. Furthermore, I'd seen it before and thought it might be some server error, and didn't give it too much thought, but this time I tried in Chromium, and the error didn't appear, close Chromium, launched Firefox, the error happened again.

oops.PNG

I haven't tried again. Right now I'm in Chromium.

but this time I tried in Chromium, and the error didn't appear, close Chromium, launched Firefox, the error happened again.
I use Firefox almost exclusively, and I haven't run into that problem that I can recall. I will be happy to go to the same thread and try to post a reply, if you'd like me to test it.

Or, if it's THIS thread, I guess I pass the test. I get no errors here. ;)

Doesn't matter which thread. Whether posting a new thread or trying to reply the error pops up.
The only things I have seen that might be causing it are having
fission.autostart enabled or using the Dark Reader extension.

The only things I have seen that might be causing it are having
fission.autostart enabled or using the Dark Reader extension.
fission.autostart is disabled, and dark reader extension is not installed.

It'd be prudent to ping @Rob at this point. Hopefully they'll see this, though I understand they're pretty busy lately.

Members online

Latest posts