OMG!!! The end of computing is near!!!

Sad that there is obviously a lot of demand for extending support on Windows XP, and that Microsoft couldn't care less.
We've already seen a large influx of threads since the announcement of XP's EOL

PLEASE!! Buy Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 and your computer soul shall be saved!!
And if your PC/Laptop won't take 7 or 8.1, then max out that credit card for a new system.

(Sheesh....Another reason to use Linux. Microsoft is doing a fine job convincing users to use Linux.)

http://www.cnet.com/news/microsoft-cautions-users-against-windows-xp-security-hack/

Hasta
Jim

Unfortunately, my computers would rather rule in computer-hell then serve Bill in Microsoft-heaven. :p

Microsoft are now trying to play the good guy in the wake of the Snowden leaks. Bit late for that MS since it was Microsoft who colaborated with the NSA ( according to some reports) on the development of the encryption algorythms for windows vista. UEFi is problably a backdoor rather than a solution to BIOS alleged vulnerabilities.

Microsoft are now trying to play the good guy in the wake of the Snowden leaks. Bit late for that MS since it was Microsoft who colaborated with the NSA ( according to some reports) on the development of the encryption algorythms for windows vista. UEFi is problably a backdoor rather than a solution to BIOS alleged vulnerabilities.
UEFI is dangerous yes. Unfortunately I have it on my laptop. Coreboot is a good solution, just not much support.

UEFI is dangerous yes. Unfortunately I have it on my laptop. Coreboot is a good solution, just not much support.

I for one would be interested to learn a bit more about coreboot. As things stand at the moment I am trying to avoid UEFI for as long as I possibly can. I have an alternative interpretation of UEFI but I fear it is unprintable due to the refference to commonly used expletives.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts