Okay so I' am Ubunto "schooled" and want to delve deeper into all things Linux...

Careful. Many people will accuse you of being a Linux elitist.:cool:
It is very clear that you don't like Ubuntu for many reasons you posted in many posts everywhere in the forum.

OK if not Ubuntu which Linux distro you really prefer??? but keep in your mind I'm coming directly from windows.
Your opinion is important to me.

MZ

Your opinion is important to me.
It should not be. The opinions of others can give you some ideas, but you must decide which one is, or ones are, best for you.
OK if not Ubuntu which Linux distro you really prefer???
My preference is not important. I use Debian, because it is the best fit for my needs and preferences. You need to choose a system best suited to your needs and preferences. The best advice I can give is to try several systems and see which one you like best. (Do not forget to read the manual.) If you are committed to the cause of open source software, do some research into the philosophies of distros and perhaps even look at the Free Software Foundation. http://www.fsf.org/

I started with Ubuntu and went to Debian and then Arch. Linux is a wild ride. Installing inside VirtualBox is the best way to hop.

Members online