Oh no, another Linux noob!

E

encryptedbytes

Greetings Linux Forum denizens!

Yes, I am a Linux noob, but don't let that deter you! I've been actively involved in computers for going on 20 years, since the DOS and Windows for Workgroups 3.11 days. I know some Linux basics and can even use vi, but there's a lot about Linux I am not familiar with and Linux Forum seemed like a great place to get more involved with the Swiss Army Knife of operating systems :)

Welcome on board :) As I always say, it's nice to have computer veterans, and I really appreciate when someone like you who have never been involved in Linux decides to experiment a little! I hope you will have some fun here :)

Welcome, encryptedbytes. Looks like there may be something we may share. I started with cp/m. What was the first DOS version you started with?

Welcome, encryptedbytes. Looks like there may be something we may share. I started with cp/m. What was the first DOS version you started with?

I got started at the tail end of the DOS days with DOS 6, but did get some experience with Apple DOS on the Apple IIe and IIc and the ROM-based operating system on the Atari 800XL when I was young.

Hello fellow noob!!! Im just a linux noob myself :) Been using mac osx and windows forever....I love my Mac but my little dell gets no attention because I now officially dislike windows :p welcome to the forum!!

BTW I love your profile pic lol. how did you get one up? Mine doesn't seem to be working. I keep getting an error.

Members online