Oh! For goodness sake…

Granny Sue

Reaction score
Credits
Oh! For goodness sake…. So I have been trying to find this form in particular so I could do my little introductory blurb for the last 45 minutes. You would think I’d never been on a forum before wouldn’t you? Anyway I tried to post this in my status post and figured out that was the wrong place because there is a short limit on words. So now you get to see the real deal:

So, WizardfromOz has asked me to give you guys a little more information. You’re gonna be sorry you asked this, Wizard! LOL

I got into computers with mainframes and work things Wayback when. I never knew how to do DOS because everything was set up and I just had my little terminal at the end of the system and I did what I needed to do. Later on, I was working for a very small ministry and discovered that they had windows on their computer, they had just never used it. I knew nothing about windows at the time so I began reading and reading. The problem was I was reading technical books that assumed I knew far more than I did and I couldn’t even understand the language. Finally I discovered some helpful people and I started to pick their brains and slowly learned how to work in windows. I thought I was pretty techy at the time and was very proud of myself. Still avoided those DOS commands, however.

I heard about Linux a very long time ago, probably 15 or 20 years ago. At any rate, I now have these computers: an old Compac and another one I can’t remember the brand of. I also have a Gateway laptop and a Dell netbook. Every single one of these machines is running Vista. I’m sick of Windows constantly needing anti-malware and being upgraded and losing support. So I finally decided I’m retired, I don’t have a job, I might just as well do something that I’ve been wanting to do for years.

So I searched around because I wanted to put Linux on a couple computers that I had been given, very old computers, and purchased a USB stick that had probably 11 distro‘s of Linux on it. It wasn’t working for me and I became very frustrated so I got online and just typed in Linux and found you guys. AND YOU GUYS HAVE CHANGED MY LIFE! I’m getting the old fire burning to get in here and start learning things and doing things and I am even getting excited excited about DOS commands!

I want to thank everybody for all their wonderful help and welcoming and let you know I’m going to be here a long time, it looks like. Hope you'll learn to put up with me, LOL.

Quoting Casablanca, “this could be the beginning of a beautiful friendship.“

Hello Granny Sue and welcome to Linux.org forums.

Day by day and step by step Linux becomes easier and the important thing is to have fun while using and learning Linux.

I was lost but now I'm found :rolleyes: Nope I'm still lost and prefer to stay lost. :D

You’re gonna be sorry you asked this, Wizard! LOL

Not in the slightest, and not likely to be :D

So I have been trying to find this form in particular so I could do my little introductory blurb for the last 45 minutes.

... that's why I put the link to here at your other Thread, duffer :rolleyes:

Don't mind my familiarity, no offence is ever met, I am just an Aussie larrikin at heart.

Looking forward to sharing in your continued adventures.

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

I’m getting the old fire burning to get in here and start learning things and doing things
As my Mum use to say the minute you stop learning is the minute you die.
Sleeps brother has already had four attempts to claim you, this means that you have still a lot of things to learn as I have elder Sis. (by 1 year ) :):cool::D

As my Mum use to say the minute you stop learning is the minute you die.
Sleeps brother has already had four attempts to claim you, this means that you have still a lot of things to learn as I have elder Sis. (by 1 year ) :):cool::D
Thanks for the welcome. And also for letting me know I’m not the only granny on this site. LOL

Not in the slightest, and not likely to be :D

... that's why I put the link to here at your other Thread, duffer :rolleyes:

Don't mind my familiarity, no offence is ever met, I am just an Aussie larrikin at heart.

Looking forward to sharing in your continued adventures.

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz
What is a larrikin?

0nA9kNX.png

:) Click the picture to enlarge

Oh! For goodness sake…. So I have been trying to find this form in particular so I could do my little introductory blurb for the last 45 minutes. You would think I’d never been on a forum before wouldn’t you? Anyway I tried to post this in my status post and figured out that was the wrong place because there is a short limit on words. So now you get to see the real deal:

So, WizardfromOz has asked me to give you guys a little more information. You’re gonna be sorry you asked this, Wizard! LOL

I got into computers with mainframes and work things Wayback when. I never knew how to do DOS because everything was set up and I just had my little terminal at the end of the system and I did what I needed to do. Later on, I was working for a very small ministry and discovered that they had windows on their computer, they had just never used it. I knew nothing about windows at the time so I began reading and reading. The problem was I was reading technical books that assumed I knew far more than I did and I couldn’t even understand the language. Finally I discovered some helpful people and I started to pick their brains and slowly learned how to work in windows. I thought I was pretty techy at the time and was very proud of myself. Still avoided those DOS commands, however.

I heard about Linux a very long time ago, probably 15 or 20 years ago. At any rate, I now have these computers: an old Compac and another one I can’t remember the brand of. I also have a Gateway laptop and a Dell netbook. Every single one of these machines is running Vista. I’m sick of Windows constantly needing anti-malware and being upgraded and losing support. So I finally decided I’m retired, I don’t have a job, I might just as well do something that I’ve been wanting to do for years.

So I searched around because I wanted to put Linux on a couple computers that I had been given, very old computers, and purchased a USB stick that had probably 11 distro‘s of Linux on it. It wasn’t working for me and I became very frustrated so I got online and just typed in Linux and found you guys. AND YOU GUYS HAVE CHANGED MY LIFE! I’m getting the old fire burning to get in here and start learning things and doing things and I am even getting excited excited about DOS commands!

I want to thank everybody for all their wonderful help and welcoming and let you know I’m going to be here a long time, it looks like. Hope you'll learn to put up with me, LOL.
Granny? @Granny Sue :)

Members online