NVIDIA X Server Settings reset when opening specific apps

cloudnebula

Reaction score
Credits
Hi Linux Community,

So to start, I'm fairly new to the Linux community and I got relatively interested and intrigued to try out Linux and so I dual boot it off of two hard drives.

Now, colors on Linux seem to be fairly washed out by default so for that I use a line on the terminal for that issue:

Code:
xgamma -gamma 0.5

Now that fixes one part of my screen issue, but the colors seem fairly monotone and so I want to change digital vibrancy. I have an NVIDIA graphics card and so I use NVIDIA X Server settings to adjust the digital vibrancy. The issue with this though is that whenever I reboot and choose to open a specific app (In this case it's discord), my colors suddenly reset and seem to be washed out again. It's not a 'reset after reboot' issue, as a matter of fact, it changes to my NVIDIA settings once i start up my computer and login. The colors ONLY reset when I launch 'Discord' after logging in. This is a fairly annoying issue to deal with and so I was wondering if anyone has experienced a similar situation and has a fix or workaround?

I use Ubuntu 20.04 LTS and use an NVIDIA GPU for reference.

Thank you Community!

Members online