Nothing allowing me to save You Tube Videos to my local hard drive?

whalers1988

Reaction score
Credits
installed latest stable version Python-3.10.11

You Tube-DL
VLC player
Mozzilla network tab, copy .mp4 paste in vlc network, no longer works???
4k downloader
You tube downloader using snap doesn't work

Does anyone have any thing that can actual download videos from You Tube to local hard drive?
I'm running
Distributor ID: Linuxmint
Description: Linux Mint 21
Release: 21
Codename: vanessa

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:

SaveFrom.net helper works for me in Mint and Debian-

Save.png

View attachment 15556
Thanks, but it doesn't work:

Subject: Discontinuation of Service in the United States

April 16, 2020

Dear Savefrom User:

As you may have heard, our industry has been under strenuous attacks by certain US copyright holders. Because of these attacks, it has become financially impractical for Savefrom to continue to provide services in the United States.

Accordingly, Savefrom will be terminating its services in the United States as of April 28, 2020.

We thank you for your past loyalty and patronage and wish you health and safety during the present health crisis and beyond.

Very truly yours,

Savefrom

logo_small2.svg

© 2008-2020

View attachment 15556

View attachment 15556
April 16, 2020
Dear Savefrom User:
As you may have heard, our industry has been under strenuous attacks by certain US copyright holders. Because of these attacks, it has become financially impractical for Savefrom to continue to provide services in the United States.

Accordingly, Savefrom will be terminating its services in the United States as of April 28, 2020.
We thank you for your past loyalty and patronage and wish you health and safety during the present health crisis and beyond.
Very truly yours,
Savefrom
logo_small2.svg

© 2008-2020

Look in Software Manager, in Linux Mint

Search for Video Downloader

it works

April 16, 2020

Dear Savefrom User:

Very truly yours,

Savefrom

logo_small2.svg

© 2008-2020
What's really strange is that it works for me on my Debian 11 install and Mint 21.1 too. Seriously--

@whalers1988 welcome to linux.org from DownUnder :)

Recently, another Member had problems with yt-dl, now solved.

His Thread, showing some of the problems encountered, is here

https://www.linux.org/threads/how-can-i-find-the-needed-ubuntu-repository-and-use-it-in-mint.44530/

and then a Thread was started with our new AI feature, TuxBot, which provided a solution here

https://www.linux.org/threads/how-to-install-yt-dlp-in-linux-mint-21-1-cinnamon.44558/#post-188584

HTH

Also, you say

You tube downloader using snap doesn't work

So, have you actively removed the impediment Linux Mint places on Snaps, in order to try that?

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

Members online