Not connecting to Internet

clanmaurice

Credits
Hi Guys, I installed UA/Linux Gaming pack. No problem with the installation. It was when I tried to open access to the Net I got into trouble. It just would not connect. I have to admit, this is the very first time any Linux Distro I tried had this problem. I am using a wired connection. A message comes up " failed to get unit file state " . In did try one or two suggested fixes in the cmd. But I am only a old novice really. While I wait for a reply, I will have a look through the many Linux reads on this list, to see if I come across a similar problem. Thank you in advance.

Condobloke

Credits
Have you rebooted ?

Do you have Timeshift installed and setup?.. This would allow you to restore the system to a time prior to installing the gaming pack.

Try disconnecting the Ethernet cable to the mode/router....wait for a minute and then plug it back in....allow the modem router time to reconnect.

clanmaurice

Credits
Yes Condobloke, one of the first things I did was, disconnect the router for about 30 seconds. Not too sure what you mean about timeshift ?. I will go and take a closer look at the error message, Lord Boltar, and get back to you asap. Cheers.

clanmaurice

Credits
Hi Guys, Fantastic bit of news. I just booted up and got straight onto the net from my AU/Linux Distro. What can I say. But a big thank you for you both taking the time to try and help me. I am so looking forward to trying out this particular Distro as it has many game on it. I can also continue to try out many more. Please regard this particular problem as solved. Stay safe and all the very best.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts