not able to add a new user in kali linux live usb persistance 2020.1b

vanceter231002

Reaction score
Credits
whenever i create a new user and reboot it just restores to 1 user only.Rest of the changes i make are saved like files,softwares.

A USB with persistence is like a LiveCD with a Home for saving some stuff, but not everything.

If you create a User you are doing so with a LiveCD. When you reboot you have lost that User and you are back to using a clean LiveCD again.

To keep everything you need to make a full install to the USB stick

A USB with persistence is like a LiveCD with a Home for saving some stuff, but not everything.

If you create a User you are doing so with a LiveCD. When you reboot you have lost that User and you are back to using a clean LiveCD again.

To keep everything you need to make a full install to the USB stick
can i do a full install to the USB stick and still live boot on different pcs?

i unfortunately have been forced to look at kali , with a string of garlic around my neck and a crucifx in hand , i might add due to some tools for slackware current being a problem do to OS in constant movement.

i used this command to do it :
# dd if=kali-linux-2020.1b-live-amd64.iso of=/dev/sdc

where /dev/sdc is a none mounted usb stick

i can do anything using : sudo <command>

docs say root user creds are :
user: root
pass: toor

well that didn't work

theres 2 commands adduser, useradd
I can never remember which was is easy and which is a pain in the butt.By why bother with another user?

Also basically all you need to remember is that kali is Debian based so most
of Debian approaches to doing things should work on Kali.

Ps on splash for boot up it did give a choice of "persistence" i didn't have the patience to test that out though

Members online

Latest posts