No wifi detected in Bodhi Linux

VanillaCoffee

Reaction score
Credits
I have installed Bodhi Linux to a netbook but there is no wifi. I can not enable it?

The wifi worked fine in other distros.

Is there a fix for this or should I look for another Distro?

you could paste the following into your terminal:
Code:
lspci | grep -i wireless
To display which WiFi Adapter your have, from there on we can get you a driver

Thanks is there another command I could try? I'm not able to get the symbol " |" but I typed in the following and can't see anything specific showing up.

Edit: Thanks for the help I will have to go with another OS because I can't even get USB to work with it neither Its a shame because I thought it was a nice Distro but there is always something.

Last edited:
Thanks is there another command I could try? I'm not able to get the symbol " |" but I typed in the following and can't see anything specific showing up.
maybe it's US Layout:

For future reference, the pipe, "|", should be on your top row of characters, between the +/= and the backspace key. I suppose other keyboard layouts could be different, but you should be able to type one.

For future reference, the pipe, "|", should be on your top row of characters, between the +/= and the backspace key. I suppose other keyboard layouts could be different, but you should be able to type one.
I saw where it was but I could not get the symbol I just got ~ ~ symbols

Copy and paste the command.

Copy and paste the command.
I'm not able to as I couldn't connect the netbook to the internet. I ended up installing a different Linux OS and everything is working now. Bodhi seemed to lack drivers for the HP mini 100e it wasn't just the wifi but other things that wasn't working either.

I saw where it was but I could not get the symbol I just got ~ ~ symbols

Do you have some unusual keyboard layout (not your physical keyboard, but the keyboard layout the computer is using.)

For example, I use a different keyboard layout so that I can quickly/easily type things like 14³ meters, or maybe the © or ®.

Do you have some unusual keyboard layout (not your physical keyboard, but the keyboard layout the computer is using.)

For example, I use a different keyboard layout so that I can quickly/easily type things like 14³ meters, or maybe the © or ®.
For some reason these netbooks require drivers and aren't widely supported I had the exact same issue with Windows 7 and that was even worse with no drivers so I went with Bodhi but have missing drivers so I went with Xubuntu and everything worked I also tried Linux MX and it was fine with that too and works great with Puppy but Bodhi on this netbook was a no go.

I always use the U.S keyboard layout. I have the same set on my main machine and I can get the pipe symbol easy but I can't get it on the HP mini

Last edited:
I always use the U.S keyboard layout. I have the same set on my main machine and I can get the pipe symbol easy but I can't get it on the HP mini

That's bizarre. A pipe is a handy tool for Linux. I use it daily. I'll have to remember to never pick up an HP mini computer, because that's just a pain in the butt that I'd not want to deal with.

That's bizarre. A pipe is a handy tool for Linux. I use it daily. I'll have to remember to never pick up an HP mini computer, because that's just a pain in the butt that I'd not want to deal with.
Its bound to be mapped to another key I just don't know which one. I have tried most of them.

Its bound to be mapped to another key I just don't know which one. I have tried most of them.

It'd also be possible to remap another key, surely. I'd say 'caps lock' is a good candidate. I hate that key and disable it.

The pipe character " | " is used in many operating systems, not only Linux. The pipe character has been used for redirection in MSDOS and Windows for a very long time. It is used in the CMD and Powershell windows and scripts the same way it is used in Linux.

Here is an example MSDOS/Windows command with a pipe:
type c:\myfile.txt | more
The equivalent command in Linux/Unix would be
cat /myfile.txt | more

That is why I am surprised that the " | " pipe character is not available from @VanillaCoffee's computer keyboard.

There are ways to enter the character when it is not available from the keyboard, but each operating system uses a different method.

Things like xdotool will work for many Linux distros, but I'm not sure if they are currently able to work with Wayland. Wayland should have a method to remap keys, I just don't know what it is. There are other options.

I really need to learn programming. There's an application we need in the community.

Members online