ngrok random url problem

m3st3r

Reaction score
Credits
guys ngrok creates url on my ip , how prevent it? i want random url for hosting and not same my ip address

Attachments

• 241297001_157231629890859_2736215188884706950_n.jpg
    241297001_157231629890859_2736215188884706950_n.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 432

It's actually been a little while since I messed with ngrok, I believe to set the actual hostname, you must used the paid version of ngrok.

1630679068025.png

I'm not sure I understand your request then.

ngrok creates an external URL and then tunnels it to your internal application. What do you mean by I want a random IP. You want the external URL to have a random IP? A random hostname?

I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish, because if you want to "name" the URL that someone connects to, then you have to pay for that. Either that, or use your own domain and create a CNAME to their provided URL / hostname.

I'm not sure I understand your request then.

ngrok creates an external URL and then tunnels it to your internal application. What do you mean by I want a random IP. You want the external URL to have a random IP? A random hostname?

I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish, because if you want to "name" the URL that someone connects to, then you have to pay for that. Either that, or use your own domain and create a CNAME to their provided URL / hostname.

bro its not creates external random url, etc randomurl.ngrok.io it creates like that random-my-ip-here.ngrok.io i dont want show someone my ip

bro its not creates external random url, etc randomurl.ngrok.io it creates like that random-my-ip-here.ngrok.io i dont want show someone my ip
Bro, see my previous answers. If you want to change it. Pay ngrok. Otherwise, deal with the free tier's limitations or buy a domain and CNAME it.

Last edited:
Bro, see my previous answers. If you want to change it. Pay ngrok. Otherwise, deal with the free tier's limitations or buy a domain and CNAME it.
its free for random url,i have watched on yutube how free plan works ,its creates random link ,my ngrok creates random links included my ip address in url

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-09-04 084948.png
    Screenshot 2021-09-04 084948.png
    70.4 KB · Views: 371
I don't know what to tell you. It says random and while you are right. That isn't random, it was selected by ngrok and used.

The only way I see to change the subdomain is by specifying one, but it says that is only for paid accounts. I haven't used ngrok is a few years, so I don't have any recent experience with it. You could try and specify one and see what happens. Who knows, it could trigger a random one.

As noted, you can also use a CNAME record if you own a domain name. Just setup the subdomain of your domain name as a CNAME for the one ngrok gives you.