NFS Share

jerome_teano

Reaction score
Credits
Im trying to mount an existing NFS share to an existing directory to the client server. My NFS share is already mounted to another directory to my client server. The /etc/exports config goes like this.

/directory1 (clientIP) (rw,sync,no_root_squash,insecure)
/directory2 (clientIP) (rw,sync,no_root_squash,insecure)

When I run the command, mount -t nfs NFSserverIP:/directory2 /clientsidedir/subdir1/subdir2/subdir3, I got successful results. The problem is that I cannot see the existing files and sub directories on my client server directory when mounting the nfs share.

Im trying to mount an existing NFS share to an existing directory to the client server. My NFS share is already mounted to another directory to my client server. The /etc/exports config goes like this.

/directory1 (clientIP) (rw,sync,no_root_squash,insecure)
/directory2 (clientIP) (rw,sync,no_root_squash,insecure)

When I run the command, mount -t nfs NFSserverIP:/directory2 /clientsidedir/subdir1/subdir2/subdir3, I got successful results. The problem is that I cannot see the existing files and sub directories on my client server directory when mounting the nfs share.
yes. That's how Linux works.

Before nfs mount, /clientsidedir/subdir1/subdir2/subdir3 was a local directory. You were able to see all the contents inside this path.

As soon as you mount a nfs, or local file system on this mount point /clientsidedir/subdir1/subdir2/subdir3, it will mount the filesystem and start showing the contents of the filesystem.

Is there another option so that I can retain the existing files from my client side dir?

Is there another option so that I can retain the existing files from my client side dir?
if you use the same path as mount point, then you cannot view the files which is available in that path.

you have to create a new mount point and mount the nfs share. So that you can view both.

Members online