Newbie ..

MahgoubJR

Reaction score
Credits
Hello everyone im a windows 10 users with core i3, 1.9GHz & ram 4gb
And thinking about transferring to linux but dont know excatly which version to transfer is best for me for daily use office and multimedia usage and how to deal with everything
Need some advices .. :)

The one you should use is the one that suits you best, we can all recommend our daily distribution, but that dos not make it the best or right for you,
We recommend you download several distributions [with different desktops] and run them "Live"[without installing] to see which YOU like the best.
There are distributions that are simple to install, those not so easy, and some you should not even try until you understand fully how Linux and the terminal work,
the current top 100 can be found on distrowatch.com .

How Do I Install Linux (A General Guide) • Linux Tips

The one you should use is the one that suits you best, we can all recommend our daily distribution, but that dos not make it the best or right for you,
We recommend you download several distributions [with different desktops] and run them "Live"[without installing] to see which YOU like the best.
There are distributions that are simple to install, those not so easy, and some you should not even try until you understand fully how Linux and the terminal work,
the current top 100 can be found on distrowatch.com .

How Do I Install Linux (A General Guide) • Linux Tips
I saw many videos says mint and ubuntu are best choice for full desktop versions so i dont know excatly whats difference between them, better & faster .. ubunto desktop or mint cinnamon should i start with ?!

Speed wise, there is not a lot of difference between them [they are both the same under the skin]
If you are going to push me, BUT they are not recommendations as to what is best for you , Try Kubuntu, Mint+cinamon, Peppermint 11, MX-21 AHS, and Debian stable to start, you will get some different desktops to play with, then if you feel like it, you can try a few others.
All the ones mentioned have graphical installation, if you follow the instructions as above, down to "if you are happy you can now install" DO not go to the installation stage until you have tested them all first

I'd say mint, better to try for yourself what suits best for you;)

Lightweight distros would be recommended if performance is a top priority to you, @MahgoubJR .

In addition to the ones @Brickwizard suggests, LinuxLite and Lubuntu (go with the Long Term Support version) come to mind. Both are of the Ubuntu family and that looks like what you want.

To me, your hardware looks a little limiting as far as performance goes. Hence, my suggestions.

if you want try LMDE5 (linux mint debian)

Speed wise, there is not a lot of difference between them [they are both the same under the skin]
If you are going to push me, BUT they are not recommendations as to what is best for you , Try Kubuntu, Mint+cinamon, Peppermint 11, MX-21 AHS, and Debian stable to start, you will get some different desktops to play with, then if you feel like it, you can try a few others.
All the ones mentioned have graphical installation, if you follow the instructions as above, down to "if you are happy you can now install" DO not go to the installation stage until you have tested them all first
So im giving it a try with mint cinnamon as a start im looking for performance better than windows's

Lightweight distros would be recommended if performance is a top priority to you, @MahgoubJR .

In addition to the ones @Brickwizard suggests, LinuxLite and Lubuntu (go with the Long Term Support version) come to mind. Both are of the Ubuntu family and that looks like what you want.

To me, your hardware looks a little limiting as far as performance goes. Hence, my suggestions.

So ill start mint cinnamon as a start im looking for better performance and i need full software (completed) and easy to use as beginner

looking for performance better than windows's
the medium weight ones will run a bit quicker than the more common builds, Kubuntu, Peppermint 11, MX-21 AHS, linux-lite and Lubuntu are all medium weight

the medium weight ones will run a bit quicker than the more common builds, Kubuntu, Peppermint 11, MX-21 AHS, linux-lite and Lubuntu are all medium weight
Thanks alot for ur help
About the safety is it safe enough ??

All versions and builds of Linux are safer than Microsoft, but still have the vulnerability of the end user, If you are looking for a little more security then probably MX-21 just comes out on top, On my travelling laptop drive I have Parrot a great distribution but not foolproof to install for the beginner.

Safe as in how? Safe browsing -- look at installing Brave browser.
Also, are you looking for something pretty or is performance more important?

I personally am checking out Parrot-home. so far, so good . . . I like some of the built-in features. First thing I did was to install brave-browser after meeting dependencies using the command line and APT; then, I used @jarrett B's tutorial on tuning systemd. -- Command Line, again. Are you up to it?

Baby steps. I recommend LinuxLite for beginners favoring the popular distros -- documentation is a strong point there.

Members online