Newbie looking for Linux books

2gangvc

Reaction score
Credits
Hello everyone .
I am looking for advice on what are the best books for a total newb to Linux , i have Mint. I came from Windows world !!!.
Would like to know about how to get things done in the terminal and in general in Linux systems. Looking for a kind of Linux drivers manual and problem solving books please.
Thanks

Greetings 2gangvc,
Welcome to the forum.
Here's a website with many books on Linux; from basic instruction to advanced stuff.
Guess what? They are all free to download.
OG TC

Hello everyone .
I am looking for advice on what are the best books for a total newb to Linux , i have Mint. I came from Windows world !!!.
Would like to know about how to get things done in the terminal and in general in Linux systems. Looking for a kind of Linux drivers manual and problem solving books please.
Thanks
I don't know if these are the "best books for a total newb" but they are some books I read as I began my Linux journey.

I found the Linux Cookbook by Michael Stutz to be particularly useful and also Linux Commands, Editors, and Shell Programming by Mark G. Sobell.

I'm sure there are other excellent 'Linux' books out there - these are just the ones I have read.

In no particular order:

Linux Commands, Editors, and Shell Programming - author: Mark G. Sobell

Linux Cookbook 2nd Edition - author: Michael Stutz
(Pdf download can be found with a little searching)

Linux Pocket Guide author: Daniel J. Barrett

Teach Yourself Linux - author: Robert Billing

Linux Programmer's Reference Second Edition - author Richard Peterson

Moving To Ubuntu Linux - author: Marcel Gagne`

SSH Mastery: OpenSSH, PuTTY, Tunnels and Keys - author: Michael W. Lucas

Thanks. Will give all these books a good look . The downloads look very interesting too .
Tons of stuff to bone up on , should be an interesting trip LOL.

Hello everyone .
Thanks
Maybe you should better try netacad.com free courses! blessings!

I'm currently working my way through Wiley's Linux Bible, 10th Edition. It's got new information in it so I bought the newer edition to compliment the 8th edition that I already have. It's approachable for a beginner.

Hello everyone .
Thanks
this mini book is about kali but has section on package management applicable to Debian /Mint

Attachments

• kali.zip
    9.5 MB · Views: 679

Members online

Latest posts