New to Linux! Please help me in downloading ubuntu

Shreyansh1827

Reaction score
Credits
Hey good people! I am a newbie to Linux. Currently, my laptop is running on windows 8 (not activated). I tried downloading ubuntu 20.04 but it says error 404 saying that the requested URL was not found on this server. Can someone please help me with this issue?

well I can tell you that a 404 is a response meaning web page not found ; 404 can be quite ugly so I put a humorus one on my web - let me know if you want to see it. So basically it means whatever link you were trying to get to either moved or your link was wrong

But how is it possible, I tried downloading it from the original link at Ubuntu's website under downloads. btw it's not because my current windows is 32 bit right?

some sites like HP detect your OS and try to steer you to a download that suits your OS; but a 404 is web page not found. Why not post the link on this thread and we check it out ?

Hey good people! I am a newbie to Linux. Currently, my laptop is running on windows 8 (not activated). I tried downloading ubuntu 20.04 but it says error 404 saying that the requested URL was not found on this server. Can someone please help me with this issue?
Copy and paste here the exact link you used.
Then go here and find the version you want;

Oh yeah, it is possible the URL is blocked by your administrator, your country, your evil twin, etc.

404 can be quite ugly so I put a humorus one on my web
Like this?
not_found.PNG

well I guess thats if you have a dry sense of humor ? ok this is a site i did for my daughter. Its a light C.M.S i wrote using OOP PHP class and methods on top of php fraemwork Codeigniter 4.0.4 which is latest .

There is a login with custom captcha(if you can find it ) ; if you find page you have 5 attempts to log in.

A few other features..Bootstrap4 front etc i won't bore you any more

try anything after main url of https://andrinadesignstudio.com/

eg https://andrinadesignstudio.com/login

s
Copy and paste here the exact link you used.
Then go here and find the version you want;

Oh yeah, it is possible the URL is blocked by your administrator, your country, your evil twin, etc.
same error

Try to download through here: https://www.linux.org/pages/download/

Is your computer 32-bit or 64-bit? It was cheaper to install 32-bit Windows on 64-bit machines.

Can you tell us the MAKE and MODEL of your computer? Or, can you tell us the basic specs?
I am having dell inspiring 15 3521 (2013). it had 4gb ram, I upgraded and added one more 4gb stick so now its 8 GB. its running o windows 8(not activated), and also it has a 500gb HDD. its 32 bit.

Hit Start, right-click “Computer,” and then choose “Properties.” On the “System” page, look for the “System type” entry to see whether your operating system is 32-bit or 64-bit.

@Shreyansh1827 if you have a 32bit computer then a 64bit iso is not going to work. The amd refers to the make of the CPU which is either AMD or Intel however iso with and in the title can run on Intel processor.Any first confirm your pc architecture as condo like requested and we will help from there :∆)

Members online

Latest posts