*New to Linux* Can’t evaluate _crs 12311

Crpt112

Reaction score
Credits
I switched from Windows to Linux Mint 2 days ago.. installed drivers and everything but everytime i start pc or restart, there’s black screen where it shows pmp 0:01: can’t evaluate _crs 12313, i tried to find how to fix it looks like the issue comes from Nvidia somehow (i never had or has problem in Windows 10) but i really don’t know how to fix it.. sometimes it stucks on boot and i had to reinstall again but with same issue…

I really look forward to fix this issue because i do like Linux Mint, this problem annoys me tbh..

G'day Crpt112, Welcome to Linux.org

You have said you installed drivers......where from and for what purpose ?

In your next post, give us some detail of your laptop/desktop pc

You have installed Linux mint 21 ..?

In the meantime, I will send out a "call' to some other members here who may have more a clue about this than I do.

No input required from you about this post....they will receive a notice to please come and have a look for us,.

@osprey

@dos2unix

@Lord Boltar

@Brickwizard

These people may come from different time zones.......so their answers will be influenced by that fact

You have said you installed drivers......where from and for what purpose ?
From Driver Manager there was "nvidia-driver-390" (recommended) and an open-source version from.. not sure what do you mean with "what purpose" shouldn't i update it?

In your next post, give us some detail of your laptop/desktop pc
CPU: Intel(R) Core (TM) I3-4130 CPU @3.40GHz
Graphics: 1680x1050, Quadro 2000/PCIe/SSE2
Kernel: 5.15.0-56-generic (x86_64)
Version: # 62-Ubuntu SMP

Due my research some say this is "ACPI error message"

My thought are...if this was an acpi error, the pc would at least boot....you would not end up with a black screen

I may be wrong.

Which is why I asked what drivers you installed ?....where from and for what purpose ?

Yes it boots but sometimes it stucks where i need to reinstall OS over again... Drivers were installed as shown here

Attachments

• mintdrivers.png
    mintdrivers.png
    35.4 KB · Views: 211
Just as a matter of interest......when the pc boots...go straight to Driver Manager, and select the 'xserver-xorg-video-nouveau.....

Let me know if there is any noticeable difference

Just as a matter of interest......when the pc boots...go straight to Driver Manager, and select the 'xserver-xorg-video-nouveau.....

Unfortunately didn’t fix my issue.. sent a screenshot below

Attachments

• 156A8DF1-6860-436D-A7DD-188E77EE78DE.jpeg
    156A8DF1-6860-436D-A7DD-188E77EE78DE.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 268
Ok.......I will step back and wait for the other members to chip in.

They will, no doubt, have better ideas than me.

An additional question : Did you partition your hard drive?

How did you install to the hard drive?

This is not a dual boot with windows ?

Here is what i found http: //www.pclinuxos. com/forum/index.php?topic=105326.0

Could this issue "Can't evaluate _crs 12311" be a logo from Nvidia?

The OP there mentions:
"after this message there are logo for nvidia ? can i disable it" but at my end i don't see a Nvidia Logo.

Below someone responded with
"If you have the NVidia proprietary driver installed, the logo on the screen is probably coming from there."

Someone added
You can remove logo by adding Option "NoLogo" "True" in the Device section of /etc/X11/xorg.conf to disable the display of the logo
Unfortunately at my end only exist /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d not sure if its the same

Ok....do you remember seeing 'tick the box if you wish to install nonfree drivers etc'...?

or words to that effect......if you ticked the box to include that then all is good.

All the info we are putting up here will help the other members when they come along

I read that there may be a connection with MBR or GPT partition tables......but my knowledge does not extend that far, so I will leave it alone.

I have a feeling the 384 is not the correct driver for this chipset, I think it should be something like the 440, have you tried selecting the X-org Nouveau drivers?

Unfortunately didn’t fix my issue.. sent a screenshot below

Attachments​

• 156A8DF1-6860-436D-A7DD-188E77EE78DE.jpeg
    156A8DF1-6860-436D-A7DD-188E77EE78DE.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 8

I have a feeling the 384 is not the correct driver for this chipset.
It looks like 390.157 are the most recent drivers for the card.
Supported Products:
Quadro Series:
Quadro GV100, Quadro GP100, Quadro P6000, Quadro P5200, Quadro P5000, Quadro P4000, Quadro P2000, Quadro P1000, Quadro P620, Quadro P600, Quadro P400, Quadro M6000 24GB, Quadro M6000, Quadro M5000, Quadro M4000, Quadro M2000, Quadro K6000, Quadro K5200, Quadro K5000, Quadro K4000, Quadro K4200, Quadro K2200, Quadro K2000, Quadro K2000D, Quadro K1200, Quadro K620, Quadro K600, Quadro K420, Quadro 7000, Quadro 6000, Quadro 5000, Quadro 4000, Quadro 2000, Quadro 2000D, Quadro 600, Quadro 410

Crpt112 wrote:
Yes it boots

If the machine actually boots, can you get to a console by holding down the keys cntl+alt, and then hitting F4? You should hold down the cntl and alt keys together whilst pressing the F4 key. If this works you can log in at the text prompt and then you are in a better position to gather some information about the system which may allow repair without having to keep reinstalling and having it fail.

If you can log in at the text prompt, then some commands can be supplied to you to run. You would just have to copy them into the console terminal.

If the machine doesn't complete a boot and you can't get to a console, then you could be looking at faulty installation media or other problems with the machine.

The error message on screen is likely a harmless ACPI message and unlikely to stop booting. The first aspects worth checking are the graphics card driver and possible missing firmware.

I notice you tried Condobloke's suggestion of selecting the nouveau driver, but you mentioned in post #8 that it didn't work. That's not a great sign because the nouveau driver is a reliable one in linux whereas the nvidia proprietary one can be tricky to install despite it's enhanced performance.

I notice that a very similar problem to this was posted on reddit a few days ago, with no effective answers.

There's some ideas, but no answers here: https://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?t=238205.

If you cannot boot the machine and get to a console terminal, then the next best thing might be to boot a live usb and gather all the information about the system, particularly the graphics hardware and software, so that there's a starting point to go from.

Last edited:
Screenshot_20221203_095456.png

Screenshot_20221203_095608.png

Looking at this it looks like the most recent driver is the 390.157. So if 390 is available from the default repos I would try that version.

Members online