New, looking for advice on desktop enviroment and have a question about encryption.

PencilTester

Reaction score
Credits
Hi everyone. Im looking at making the switch from Windows to Linux. But I have a couple of questions. I need advice on which desktop environment you would suggest using on a Tablet pc. I plan to install Linux on my Surface pro 3. I mostly use it as a drawing tablet. So i dont have a keyboard attached very often and I will be using Krita and Gimp mostly. I will of course be using it for web surfing, movies, music, etc... when im not working.

Encryption wise I use BitLocker on windows and use the option of it requiring a usb key plugged in to even boot the system. Is there a similar encryption tool that offers the same option on Linux.

Thanks in advance everyone.

G'day @PencilTester and welcome to linux.org :)

I am not a tablet user (my wife has one, but if I try to put something Linuxy on it she would probably be acquitted by a Jury of 12 of her peers on justifiable homicide).

That being said, a quick Google on

linux on tablet

shows leads, and expanding the search to

linux on tablet surface pro

looks quite promising?

Our "Man of 1,000 Links" fellow Staffer @arochester may have some more, I believe you have seen him onsite.

Don't know about the encryption tool but will keep my eyes open.

Cheers

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

Members online

Latest posts