New Linux User Group (LUG) directory!

Rob

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Credits
We are thrilled to announce the launch of our brand-new Linux User Group (LUG) section on linux.org! This exciting addition to our platform aims to bring together Linux enthusiasts, both new and experienced, by offering an easy way to find and connect with LUGs near them.

Our new LUG section allows LUG maintainers to list their groups, making it simple for users to discover local LUGs and participate in their events. By enabling users to find LUGs in their area, we hope to facilitate face-to-face connections and provide a platform for sharing experiences, troubleshooting, and learning from one another in a supportive environment.

We encourage all Linux enthusiasts to explore this new feature on Linux.org and take advantage of the incredible opportunity to connect with like-minded individuals in their area. Whether you are a Linux novice or a seasoned professional, joining a LUG can offer invaluable insights, support, and networking opportunities.

If you encounter any issues or have suggestions for improvement, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at [email protected]. Your feedback is invaluable in helping us provide the best possible experience for the Linux community.

Just click the LUGs link in the navigation up above from any page!

Last edited:

Can you place the LUG menu item to the right of the the Forums menu item? I'm used to clicking on the one to the most left to access the forums, now because of muscle memory I keep ending up in the LUG section instead of the forum index.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rob
Rob's going to be doing just that, soon, Maarten.

He only placed it there to begin experimenting with the software.

;)

I wish you well and hope it succeeds, but already pointed out how these rarely work out based on other forums I have seen.

The reason I am posting here is that the categories need improvement. The problem is that everyone will have to click on two different groups. If you are looking for in-person meetings, then you must look in "In Person" and "In Person and Online". If you are looking for online meetings, then you must look in "Online" and "In Person and Online".

I do not have a better solution to recommend, but perhaps badges or other indicators are supported, or perhaps the groups that are both in person and online should appear in both lists. Almost anything would be better.

I don't know if this useful but I sometimes halfway follow a few Linux Youtubers and I just came across one that does an online LUG, the only downside is that it gets streamed on Youtube.

Members online

Latest posts