Purchase Linux CDs / DVDs / Flash Drives at OSDisc.com

Welcome to Our Community

While Linux.org has been around for a while, we recently changed management and had to purge most of the content (including users). If you signed up before April 23rd, 2017 please sign up again. Thanks!

New Laptop

Discussion in 'Linux Hardware' started by MacgyverPT, Oct 4, 2018.

1. MacgyverPT

MacgyverPT Member

Hi guys.

I've try post this question on "Laptops/Netbooks" secton, but I have insufficient privileges to post there, so I decided write on this one.

I want buy a new laptop for programming (python, Java, PHP...) so I saw this laptop (Bladebook Fall 2018)
    with Manjaro. I like this laptop, so my question is, wich laptops you recommend like this one? I don't care much the brand, the only requirements is good hdd storage (or something I can change after), mobility (lightweight) and good battery lifetime.

(Log in to hide this advertisement)

This equipment is only for programming nothing more than burn the last few neurons!

wizardfromoz likes this.
  2. Scout

Scout New Member

Heard great things about the Bladebook. Personally, the laptop I do all my programming on is a Thinkpad (x230, but any good TP would do), you can get them for very cheap and they have the kind of attributes you're looking for like their hardware flexibility and mobility. Plus, the keyboard feels really good.

MacgyverPT and wizardfromoz like this.
  3. MacgyverPT

MacgyverPT Member

Thank you @Scout . That TP is another option.

4. MacgyverPT

MacgyverPT Member

5. atanere

atanere Moderator
    Gold Supporter

From what Google shows me: yes and no. Yes, you may be able to get it to boot Ubuntu (possibly others)... but no, not everything is likely to work correctly or at all. If that's something you can live with, check out these links and some of their followups:

https://esc.sh/blog/linux-on-lenovo-miix-320/

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Linux-Discussion/Installing-Linux-on-Miix-320/td-p/3846851

I think it would also be a very good idea to have a solid backup plan ready to restore Windows 10 if/when needed. This computer doesn't seem quite ready for Linux just yet... or Linux is not ready for it. Good luck!

Cheers

6. MacgyverPT

MacgyverPT Member

Thank you.

I have a friend and he have bought this hybrid and sell it after a few months. Thanks God I spoke with him after I wrote the post! :D:D

wizardfromoz and atanere like this.