New here (about a week ago)

wolste99

Reaction score
Credits
I just realized that I had never posted an introduction. My apologies.

I'm Steven, from Kansas. I'm an NC Programmer at an aircraft company. I've always loved computers and tech. I am pretty much brand new to Linux and am fired up to learn everything about it. On top of that, I enjoy tinkering and want to learn programming (the programming I currently do for a living is creating part programs to build aircraft parts so, a different type of programming).

I look forward to interacting with you all (and appreciate the help I've gotten in the last week or so).

G'day from DownUnder, Steven, and welcome to linux.org :)

Glad to hear you are getting the help you need. We aim to please (and occasionally miss the mark) ;)

How long, do you think, before aircraft are built with a big 3-D printer (running on Linux software, of course)?

Enjoy

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

G'day from DownUnder, Steven, and welcome to linux.org :)

Glad to hear you are getting the help you need. We aim to please (and occasionally miss the mark) ;)

How long, do you think, before aircraft are built with a big 3-D printer (running on Linux software, of course)?

Enjoy

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz
Well, they actually already make some components using 3D printing. For example, the parts I program are nested on fixtures and some of the fixtures are 3D printed.
My department actually works with composite material parts so it’s not much of a stretch to believe we’re headed that way.

Will the entire plane ever be 3D printed? Hard to tell but I doubt it ;)

Welcome to the forums

Hello Steven,
Welcome to Linux .org forums, enjoy the journey! :)

I just realized that I had never posted an introduction. My apologies.

I'm Steven, from Kansas. I'm an NC Programmer at an aircraft company. I've always loved computers and tech. I am pretty much brand new to Linux and am fired up to learn everything about it. On top of that, I enjoy tinkering and want to learn programming (the programming I currently do for a living is creating part programs to build aircraft parts so, a different type of programming).

I look forward to interacting with you all (and appreciate the help I've gotten in the last week or so).

Welcome, glad to have ya aboard

Welcome to the Forum.
happy0005.gif

Staff online