Netgear® R6400 Wireless Router Driver for Linux Needed

James Joseph

Reaction score
Credits
I purchased a Netgear R6400 router because because of good reviews and because the box said that it would work with Linux and that you could attach a printer to the router and print from any device attached to the network. The instructions with the router says that you must install the printer driver from your printer and a driver that you download from Netgear on each device. The only problem with that is that Netgear only provides drivers for Windows and Macintosh. Does anyone know it there is a driver for Linux Mint?

Hi James, and welcome to Linux.org. I have a netgear Nighthawk myself, but I don't use any Netgear drivers to print to my printer. Either from Linux, 5 PCs running that, or Windows, 5 pcs running that. I have a Brother Laser all in one, and Brother produces the print driver for Linux.

What brand of printer do you have on your network, and what flavor Linux are you using?

Hi James, and welcome to Linux.org. I have a netgear Nighthawk myself, but I don't use any Netgear drivers to print to my printer. Either from Linux, 5 PCs running that, or Windows, 5 pcs running that. I have a Brother Laser all in one, and Brother produces the print driver for Linux.

What brand of printer do you have on your network, and what flavor Linux are you using?
I have a Samsung SCX-4623FW. I have the Samsung driver to print from Linux when the printer is connected to the computer. The netgear instructions said that I need a driver from their website, which does not exist for Linux. I will check the Samsung website to see if they have one.

You should be able to do a network install with that driver you already have. I had a Samsung CLX-6220, and the Linux driver allowed me to install it across the network. During the install on each computer it asked if it was a "Local Printer", or a "Network Printer." Make sure you give the Samsung printer a static IP before you install the driver on your computer.

Members online

Latest posts