need to start Slax from hard drive

I really apologize... tried again exactly as in your instructions. Prior to that played with slightly different things and was very close :)
Installation is fine!!!
Thank you very much for your time.
Would it be possible to set this Slax on automatic update?

Glad you've got it working now! :)

Neither the Debian nor the Slackware version will "automatically" update. You'll have to do that manually. Slax always runs as root, so you shouldn't need sudo. I'm not familiar enough with Slackware, but Debian would update with these 2 commands:
Code:
apt update
apt upgrade

Debian is generally a bit easier than Slackware to install other programs too:
Code:
apt install <package>

Slax is a nice little (VERY LITTLE) distro, but it has a lot of limitations that you'll encounter as you go along if you try to do much with it. Remember that it is designed to be small and not be a full-fledged distro... so I would suggest trying not to install too many things with it.

I really apologize... tried again exactly as in your instructions. Prior to that played with slightly different things and was very close :)
Installation is fine!!!
Thank you very much for your time.
Would it be possible to set this Slax on automatic update?

Glad you've got it working now! :)

Neither the Debian nor the Slackware version will "automatically" update. You'll have to do that manually. Slax always runs as root, so you shouldn't need sudo. I'm not familiar enough with Slackware, but Debian would update with these 2 commands:
Code:
apt update
apt upgrade

Debian is generally a bit easier than Slackware to install other programs too:
Code:
apt install <package>

Slax is a nice little (VERY LITTLE) distro, but it has a lot of limitations that you'll encounter as you go along if you try to do much with it. Remember that it is designed to be small and not be a full-fledged distro... so I would suggest trying not to install too many things with it.
Thx again for all the info...
I used Slax as VM booting from ISO. Never had problems. Then decided to install it on mid age laptop. Did't succeded (now know how :) ).
Really wanted to use it for listing Internet. Suddenly got the problem with DNS resolution on VM. Going too weird now.
I blamed Hyper-V. But when installed it on bare metal laptop and see the same problem - it gets 10.0.0.2 DNS out of the hell.
I am on 192.x.x.x network. And all devices getting all right... Only Slax behaves. I installed mint on the same laptop and it's OK.
A bit frustrating. Love slax for it's 250MB footprint... OK will be Mint -10 times heavier :) but working fine.

Last edited:

Members online